From the Archives
Archived discussions on CrazyEngineers

@hareesh ce • 20 Mar, 2012
hey guys, plz let me get out of the confusion,
how the load is distributed from slabs to beam and in what proportions???????

for the right block of the building in the plan
@hareesh ce • 20 Mar, 2012
hareesh ce
hey guys, plz let me get out of the confusion,
how the load is distributed from slabs to beam and in what proportions???????

for the right block of the building in the plan
plz plz gve me solution as soon as possible
@Infinity • 21 Mar, 2012 • 1 like Didn't get your question. Please clear these things:
1. what does CR means.
2. By Load distribution you want to know what load each part of beam will bear?
@hareesh ce • 21 Mar, 2012
Infinity
Didn't get your question. Please clear these things:
1. what does CR means.
2. By Load distribution you want to know what load each part of beam will bear?
CR is Class Room, its a school building.
yeah i want to know how the load is distributed for extrnl and internal beams
@Infinity • 22 Mar, 2012 • 1 like Thanks for the clarification. As far as i can see, all these slabs are spanning in one direction only. And IS 456: 2000 specifies load distribution only for slabs spanning in 2 directions at right angle. I think you can apply that in this case as well (not a big issue). It will depend on the side lengths but as per the figure I think all 4 sides of class room are almost equal. so load distribution will be same else if sides are unequal follow fig7 in IS code at page 41. you will have to draw lines at 45 degree and accordingly distribute the load. I hope this helps.
@hareesh ce • 22 Mar, 2012
Infinity
Thanks for the clarification. As far as i can see, all these slabs are spanning in one direction only. And IS 456: 2000 specifies load distribution only for slabs spanning in 2 directions at right angle. I think you can apply that in this case as well (not a big issue). It will depend on the side lengths but as per the figure I think all 4 sides of class room are almost equal. so load distribution will be same else if sides are unequal follow fig7 in IS code at page 41. you will have to draw lines at 45 degree and accordingly distribute the load. I hope this helps.
thanku very much boss
had a gr8 & valuable information.... thnku so much 😀
@Infinity • 23 Mar, 2012
hareesh ce
thanku very much boss
had a gr8 & valuable information.... thnku so much 😀
You are welcome 😀 BTW I have just given an approach to proceed but if you are constructing this building then proper structural design is must for which you can use some software like STAAD.Pro/SAP/ETABS etc.
@Souravd • 30 Mar, 2012
Infinity
You are welcome 😀 BTW I have just given an approach to proceed but if you are constructing this building then proper structural design is must for which you can use some software like STAAD.Pro/SAP/ETABS etc.
I completely agree with you. Design will be much more viable if you use the design software.
@rekcah • 02 Nov, 2012 just download ACI-318 in CHAPTER 13—TWO-WAY SLAB SYSTEMS, it explain how the loads distributed from the slabs to the beam
@ajay kudekar • 31 Aug, 2015 what is coupler in TOS? hou to clearify?
pleaseeeeee clear it.........

Related Posts

Archives

@Ankita Katdare · Apr 23, 2014

IIT Bombay students see some great placements every year and the batch 2013-14 was no exception to the trend. With more than 250 companies participating in the campus placements at...
Archives

@tanvisharma · May 14, 2012

can anybody give a clear explanation about 'r' and 'l' value error in c.....
Archives

@Ankita Katdare · Oct 12, 2013

If you have taken a Google PageSpeed test recently and haven't got a good result, chances are that Google gave you a suggestion about Avoiding Landing Page Redirects. Well, for...
Archives

@Ankita Katdare · Nov 11, 2013

So now, news has it that Bajaj might be soon launching the Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS (SuperSports) in India. Though we aren't sure if the launch date is just a...
Archives

@Kaustubh Katdare · Oct 29, 2013

Reading about India's upcoming ambitious Mars mission, I discovered that ISRO and Indian Government is spending over Rs. 450 crore to send a satellite to orbit mars. What's more shocking...