CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@hareesh ce • 20 Mar, 2012
hey guys, plz let me get out of the confusion,
how the load is distributed from slabs to beam and in what proportions???????

for the right block of the building in the plan
@hareesh ce • 20 Mar, 2012
hareesh ce
hey guys, plz let me get out of the confusion,
how the load is distributed from slabs to beam and in what proportions???????

for the right block of the building in the plan
plz plz gve me solution as soon as possible
@Infinity • 21 Mar, 2012 • 1 like Didn't get your question. Please clear these things:
1. what does CR means.
2. By Load distribution you want to know what load each part of beam will bear?
@hareesh ce • 21 Mar, 2012
Infinity
Didn't get your question. Please clear these things:
1. what does CR means.
2. By Load distribution you want to know what load each part of beam will bear?
CR is Class Room, its a school building.
yeah i want to know how the load is distributed for extrnl and internal beams
@Infinity • 22 Mar, 2012 • 1 like Thanks for the clarification. As far as i can see, all these slabs are spanning in one direction only. And IS 456: 2000 specifies load distribution only for slabs spanning in 2 directions at right angle. I think you can apply that in this case as well (not a big issue). It will depend on the side lengths but as per the figure I think all 4 sides of class room are almost equal. so load distribution will be same else if sides are unequal follow fig7 in IS code at page 41. you will have to draw lines at 45 degree and accordingly distribute the load. I hope this helps.
@hareesh ce • 22 Mar, 2012
Infinity
Thanks for the clarification. As far as i can see, all these slabs are spanning in one direction only. And IS 456: 2000 specifies load distribution only for slabs spanning in 2 directions at right angle. I think you can apply that in this case as well (not a big issue). It will depend on the side lengths but as per the figure I think all 4 sides of class room are almost equal. so load distribution will be same else if sides are unequal follow fig7 in IS code at page 41. you will have to draw lines at 45 degree and accordingly distribute the load. I hope this helps.
thanku very much boss
had a gr8 & valuable information.... thnku so much 😀
@Infinity • 23 Mar, 2012
hareesh ce
thanku very much boss
had a gr8 & valuable information.... thnku so much 😀
You are welcome 😀 BTW I have just given an approach to proceed but if you are constructing this building then proper structural design is must for which you can use some software like STAAD.Pro/SAP/ETABS etc.
@Souravd • 30 Mar, 2012
Infinity
You are welcome 😀 BTW I have just given an approach to proceed but if you are constructing this building then proper structural design is must for which you can use some software like STAAD.Pro/SAP/ETABS etc.
I completely agree with you. Design will be much more viable if you use the design software.
@rekcah • 02 Nov, 2012 just download ACI-318 in CHAPTER 13—TWO-WAY SLAB SYSTEMS, it explain how the loads distributed from the slabs to the beam
@ajay kudekar • 31 Aug, 2015 what is coupler in TOS? hou to clearify?
pleaseeeeee clear it.........
8.8k views

Related Posts

@Amit Jha · Mar 23, 2017

Oppo India has recently revealed the Oppo F3S Smartphone in a press meet on Thursday. The device comes with the much rumored dual selfie camera and also plays host to...
5.2k views

@mmm111 · Aug 18, 2013

Am into my 1st year b.tech.. i want to appear and get good rank in gate 2017..suggest me ebooks and links of study materials related to it..where to start for...
24.5k views

@Raagavan Sivaraja · Jan 10, 2016

Nikon gave shutterbugs a good time at the CES this year by announcing 3 top of the line cameras including Nikon D5,which is the sequel to its already popular D4....
9.8k views

@Ankita Katdare · Oct 19, 2014

Pat Starace, a technology innovator from New York, had the most amazing motivation for building a prosthetic arm. He wanted to solve a mechanical challenge in an affordable manner such...
6.4k views

@johnd · Jun 13, 2009

Hi all, I just thought of starting a thread to collect the list of websites which provides project ideas and paper presentation ideas. Please post the sites which you feel...
3.4k views