Replies
Welcome, guest
Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.
CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform
-
@hareesh-ce-18IlBe • Mar 20, 2012
hareesh cehey guys, plz let me get out of the confusion,
how the load is distributed from slabs to beam and in what proportions???????
for the right block of the building in the planplz plz gve me solution as soon as possible
-
@infinity-RRVcWi • Mar 21, 2012
Didn't get your question. Please clear these things:
1. what does CR means.
2. By Load distribution you want to know what load each part of beam will bear? -
@hareesh-ce-18IlBe • Mar 21, 2012
InfinityDidn't get your question. Please clear these things:
1. what does CR means.
2. By Load distribution you want to know what load each part of beam will bear?CR is Class Room, its a school building.
yeah i want to know how the load is distributed for extrnl and internal beams -
@infinity-RRVcWi • Mar 21, 2012
Thanks for the clarification. As far as i can see, all these slabs are spanning in one direction only. And IS 456: 2000 specifies load distribution only for slabs spanning in 2 directions at right angle. I think you can apply that in this case as well (not a big issue). It will depend on the side lengths but as per the figure I think all 4 sides of class room are almost equal. so load distribution will be same else if sides are unequal follow fig7 in IS code at page 41. you will have to draw lines at 45 degree and accordingly distribute the load. I hope this helps.
-
@hareesh-ce-18IlBe • Mar 22, 2012
InfinityThanks for the clarification. As far as i can see, all these slabs are spanning in one direction only. And IS 456: 2000 specifies load distribution only for slabs spanning in 2 directions at right angle. I think you can apply that in this case as well (not a big issue). It will depend on the side lengths but as per the figure I think all 4 sides of class room are almost equal. so load distribution will be same else if sides are unequal follow fig7 in IS code at page 41. you will have to draw lines at 45 degree and accordingly distribute the load. I hope this helps.
thanku very much boss
had a gr8 & valuable information.... thnku so much ๐ -
@infinity-RRVcWi • Mar 22, 2012
hareesh cethanku very much boss
had a gr8 & valuable information.... thnku so much ๐You are welcome ๐ BTW I have just given an approach to proceed but if you are constructing this building then proper structural design is must for which you can use some software like STAAD.Pro/SAP/ETABS etc.
-
@souravd-VqH39l • Mar 30, 2012
InfinityYou are welcome ๐ BTW I have just given an approach to proceed but if you are constructing this building then proper structural design is must for which you can use some software like STAAD.Pro/SAP/ETABS etc.
I completely agree with you. Design will be much more viable if you use the design software.
-
@rekcah-TiEtTy • Nov 2, 2012
just download ACI-318 in CHAPTER 13โTWO-WAY SLAB SYSTEMS, it explain how the loads distributed from the slabs to the beam
-
@ajay-kudekar-C7eK3l • Aug 30, 2015
what is coupler in TOS? hou to clearify?
pleaseeeeee clear it.........