List Of Commonly Asked HR Interview Questions

The response we've received for the interview related questions and answers is phenomenal. Of course there are several most commonly asked interview questions in the HR round which are yet to be covered. I request all of you to post the questions you'd like answers to so that we can answer them.

These questions will help you immensely when you face your next interview; no matter the position you are applying to. Waiting for all your questions so that we can work out the best possible answers.

Replies

• Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    I have question ๐Ÿ˜€
    Being a student of Core Branch, HR from software firms ask the question,
    "Why do you want to choose a software company though you belong to a core branch? Moreover, you have studied almost 40-45 subjects in core papers and merely 5-8 in IT?"

I faced this question and gave answer as per my understanding and aspiration.
    I request everyone to pitch in to answer this so that we would have ample number of ideas how to answer this question. Thank you!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Keep adding questions here. I'll create separate discussions for each question and then also add an answer. We can then add links to the questions to the respective answers ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Some More!
    1. About Strength and Weakness?
    2. How do you see yourself 5 years down the line?
    3. Tell me about your college? Do you like it? (No negative answer to this question please, even if you have faced DisCo ! ๐Ÿ˜€ I mean, Disciplinary Committee)
    4. Why are you switching your existing job?
    5. What motivates you?
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    I Heared these questions from others๐Ÿ˜’
    1.Why should we hire you?
    2.How much salary expecting from our company?
    3.Introduce about yourself?๐Ÿ‘
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Koushal Patel
    I have question ๐Ÿ˜€
    Being a student of Core Branch, HR from software firms ask the question,
    "Why do you want to choose a software company though you belong to a core branch? Moreover, you have studied almost 40-45 subjects in core papers and merely 5-8 in IT?"

I faced this question and gave answer as per my understanding and aspiration.
    I request everyone to pitch in to answer this so that we would have ample number of ideas how to answer this question. Thank you!
    i was asked the same and i gave a very bold and outright answer: "if that is the case then why does this IT company wants to take in core guys or so i heard that from my placement officer
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    3.Introduce about yourself?๐Ÿ‘
    "This is a common question where the candidate should answer in a unique way so that interviewer pay attention to you from the very first moment. Why I am saying from the very first moment is, you might be number 25 for the interviewer, and from earlier 24 recruiter has heard lots of Bio and in turn he might not be in interested anymore! Majority of candidates mug up the answers given in various websites and end up answering the question as a record player. The basic introduction is OK but it should not be like a Written to Verbal conversion of the Resume or CV" My batch's placement consultant told us! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    1. Which is your favorite subject? Any random question about you.
    2. Interviewer might provide a blank paper and want you to solve some random aptitude numbers.
    3. Programs like sorting, searching are common where candidate is required to write logic on paper during interview
    4. There might be come "situation bases question" e.g. Suppose you are stuck in a situation like bla bla, what will you do?
    5. If candidate is facing an interview panel, please make sure, there must be one person who is observing your body language, your eye contact while answering the question asked by some other panelist. Body languages/signs plays a vital role! ๐Ÿ˜€ It would be better if we guys have a video tutorial which will guide our members in the best way!
    6. How to handle the situation/yourself when the very first questions answered by you are wrong/interviewer does not agree to you.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    1. Why should we hire you?
    2. Why are you changing from your existing company?
    3. There is a serious production issue in the application, who is the first you start blaming?
    4. Do you have any issues with your current organization?
    5. What are the best things you liked about your previous organization?
    6. What do you know about the new company?
    7. What have you learnt about the team or the product suite of the company?
    8. Are you aggressive or slow? (I dont recollect the word here)
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Forgot the most vital one..
    Why there is an year gap between you completed 10+2 and started engineering?

(Many of my friends often faced this question, as they were preparing for some entrance exam/some medical entrance)
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    1. Why should we hire you?
    Related to this - Suppose a person is frequent job changer, HR might throw a question - What is the reason behind your frequent job changes?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In one of the Indian Science Congress session, Capt. Anand J. Bodas, the retired principal of a pilot training facility, told โ€œThere is official history and unofficial history about invention...
A decade ago we used to associate the term with teraflops with supercomputers but from this year we shall relate them with mobile chips. NVIDIA has unveiled the Tegra X1...
We've an awesome update for all of you, folks! We've just received the shipment of hoodies at our office and they are AWESOME! We'd post a selfie wearing the hoodies...
One of the multinational companies, Lenovo has announced that it will introduce the latest ThinkPad X1 Carbon ultrabook and ThinkVision X24 monitor at CES 2015. The eminent electronics and technology...
I am working in panel Manufacture company and we usually to check wiring , can anyone suggest a simulator for electrical wiring. Thanks in advance...