Liquidweb Storm On Demand Expands To New Regions!

LANSING, Mich.— Storm On Demand (#-Link-Snipped-#), the cloud hosting arm of managed hosting provider Liquid Web (Liquid Web - Managed Hosting & Custom Solutions), now features two separate regions in an effort to offer Geographic Redundancy and eliminate latency. In the new regions, US Central (headquartered in Michigan) and US West (headquartered in Arizona), Storm will contain a number of individual zones amongst which users can host and distribute data.

Improved Performance:
The unveiling of Storm On Demand’s Western Region marks a significant announcement for user s seeking high performance cloud hosting with the option of Geographic Redundancy. Already achieving some of the loftiest benchmarks for performance in the cloud hosting industry (see: #-Link-Snipped-#), Storm On Demand’s highly connected network will now allow users to experience a significant performance upgrade on top of the host’s already impressive marks. By improving upon its ability to deliver traffic from a physical location nearest its users, customers will see a notable lack of latency in the transfer of data.

Geographic Redundancy:
In addition to the performance upgrades detailed above, Storm On Demand users will now be able to use the host’s separate regions to create Geographic Redundancy with a “hot standby site.” Similar to fail-over clustering, a hot standby site allows your operation to move to a fully functional standby system should your primary system fail. Although both Storm On Demand Regions are located in Disaster Neutral areas of the United States, this type of redundancy is ideal for when unexpected situations arise that can’t be mitigated by simply employing local redundancy systems.

Liquid Web/Storm On Demand Founder and CEO, Matthew Hill, discusses the benefit of Storm On Demand’s expansion into multiple Regions:

--“Our US West Region allows us to fast track our ongoing efforts by physically moving your data closer to West Coast hubs. Western US based businesses and global companies with customers in the western united states can now leverage the Storm On Demand suite of infrastructure web services to build their businesses and run their applications in the Cloud.”

As Storm On Demand’s new Regions are implemented, users will be able to access nearly all of the features Storm On Demand has offered since its inception. The Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider expects that the success of its new regions will provide the traction it requires to continue expanding into additional regions in the near the future.

Source: Official PR Newsletter

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Agnitio 2k12 is a Technical Fest organized by Agni College of Technology, Chennai. It is conducted by department of Computer Science and Engineering. Events: Paper Presentation Debugging Block and Tackle...
Just read an article, and thought of sharing it! It's very old, but is gold!!!A business degree is not always necessary to run a huge empire. This is a proven...
Most Amazing High Definition Image of Earth​ ​​ ​“A ‘Blue Marble’ image of the Earth taken from the VIIRS instrument aboard NASA’s most recently launched Earth-observing satellite - Suomi NPP....
For my final year BE project have planned to implement remote desktop access via android, thou many apps are already available in the android market, planning to have new features....
I need to extract text from the image files. I am developing in c#.net and i tried using MODI, but it stopped working when i execute the code. Is there...