linux language development tools

hi friends, i recently got interested in trying 2 build upa neat little programming language. i think the linux tools lex and yacc wd come in handy. do u ceans have any experience regarding this and would care to comment on this?

Replies

• mahul
    mahul
    hey no one wants 2 talk abt this?? _k at least tell me what u think?? i've tried using lex and this did not seem very tough. this could also be an entry in ur competion that u were talking about.....i doubt if something of this sort has ever come up before...n this site can be the first to host such a thing
  • simple
    simple
    building a programming language is no joke. i think you should define your objectives and do a proper study of the scope and feasibility of your language.
    here's a few questions i would like to ask
    1) is it an object oriented language?
    2) will it supports graphics?
    3) what about compiling (or interpreting) your language??

by the way i will congratulate on your decision to do something new and exciting !!
    c ya!!
  • mahul
    mahul
    there is no way i'm thinking of an object oriented or a graphics supporting language for that matter simple. it would be too complex and it would be take years for me to finish it all on my own( u see i don't have any one to paticipate with me in this) i'm just thinkng of a very basic language(one like BASIC itself) just 4 fun and a little experience. and yes i intend to build a compiler for this stuff. that is what i build after all.
  • simple
    simple
    is this helpful???
    Lex & Yacc
  • mahul
    mahul
    hey thanxx 4 the link......i'll check this out
  • pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    Hi Mahul,

Check out the link #-Link-Snipped-# for more details on compiler construction (especially on tools lex and yacc).

I would recommend book O'Reilly - Lex & YACC. I good read for compiler construction.

I have used some similar tools (JFlex and Cup that generates Java code instead of C code).

Please let me know if you are stuck somewhere. I am not an expert in it but together we may resolve the problem.

-Pradeep
  • mahul
    mahul
    Thanxx pradeep, i actually lost steam for the thing as no one was interested. maybe now i will find the enthusiasm to start all over again..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mahul, Pradeep IS A linux & programming expert! Good to see you on CE, Pradeep!
  • mahul
    mahul
    Thanks for the update _k, now i shall surely be starting this over again.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I have a laptop and a pc in my room. i am using gprs from airtel on my pc,i wants to work on both . how to i share...
I Am Working On Dcs At Tps Khaperkheda. From Last Many Days In Our System Of Dcs(bhel Wspose),there Is A Problem Of Frquent Card Failure.we Have Reported It To Bhel...
please share any software to remove watermarking from video's or tell any way to do that .....
could please tell me how to import pdf into orcad? i have schematic in pdf format.can i convert it into orcad schematic format? please help me Thanks.
Hello my friends! My first ever thread😁😁