Linux - Basic commands and shell scripting

Can anyone help me some proper links to tutorials on Basic terminal commands and shell scripting of Linux? I am new to using Linux and have just got Red Hat Linux 5 installed on my machine.Now please help me learn how to use it

Replies

• infinus
    infinus
    dude,
    check out this link....
    #-Link-Snipped-#

and this on too

Linux Commands - A practical reference
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    the following books will help you in etting started with linux:

1. "Linux complete command refrence" compiled by J.Purcell
    2. "Linux bible" by Christopher Negus (Wiley publications)
    3. "Beginning Linux Programming" by Neil Matthew and Richard Stones

Also, I suggest you take the following quiz to find out which linux distribution is best for you.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    or
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • cse_200509
    cse_200509
    hi in addition to these good suggestions, don't forget to go through to this site:
    LinuxCommand.org: Learn The Linux Command Line. Write Shell Scripts.
  • Vivek788
    Vivek788
    google .....you would be bombarded with plethora of documents..choose whichever u understand...google ur specific doubts.u can learn on the fly..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So, MTV Youth Icon 2008 results are out! Ankit Fadia, the ethical hacker, is MTV India's Youth Icon 2008! Source: PEPSI MTV YOUTH ICON A child genius, he's a cyber...
Hi, I am Ashish, a final year mechanical engineering student from Pune university. I am a very inqusitive person by nature (not nosy), so naturally my hobbies include figuring out...
Source: Imagining India: Nilekani Nandan: Buy Book in India: 0670081965 Since the early 1990s, India has witnessed great social, political and cultural change. As the world’s largest democracy, its most...
i have installed oracle 9i in my pc. i want to know how to login as a administrator and how to manage passwords. As i have started learning it, i...
hey.. i want to know the impact of the current global crisis on indian software industry and bpo sector