Linus Torvalds Drops The Bombs ex-Red Hat Developer Matthew Garrett

First of all,
We know that Windows 8 comes with secure UEFI secure boot which doesn't lets Linux OS in Windows certified laptops.
So, ex-Rad Hat developer Matthew Garrett made "Microsoft" the universal control of any desktop PC running with UEFI secure boot.
Obviously, the intention of Matthew was to enable GNU/Linux OS to run on Microsoft certified with UEFI secure boot.This sadly keeps Windows in very powerful position.

Linus Torvalds responded to Garrett :
Guys, this is not a dick-sucking contest. If you want to parse PE binaries, go right ahead.

If Red Hat wants to deep-throat Microsoft, that's *your* issue. That has nothing what-so-ever to do with the kernel I maintain. It's trivial for you guys to have a signing machine that parses the PE binary, verifies the signatures, and signs the resulting keys with your own key. You already wrote the code, for chissake, it's in that fucking pull request.

Why should *I* care? Why should the kernel care about some idiotic "we only sign PE binaries" stupidity? We support X.509, which is the standard for signing.

Do this in user land on a trusted machine. There is zero excuse for doing it in the kernel.
Read more here : #-Link-Snipped-#

Even the URL made me ROFL 😁😁

Okay CEans this is serious shit, Don't laugh 😛

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Airtel has promised to launch their 4G services in Chandigadh by the end of March. The company has finalised the contract with ZTE which will be responsible for building of...
Facebook has partnered with Airtel & Reliance Communications to offer free or discounted access to the Facebook messenger. Under this partnership, the telecom network providers will have a special data...
Its difficult to find fonts for free commercial use.So here's a link to one of them https://www.google.com/webfonts From their FAQ: Can I use the Web Fonts API on any page?...
Hi everyone, I am an architecture student and I am researching civil engineering. I have been having trouble finding an engineer to interview for my paper. so i was hoping...
Hello, My name is Sameer Khateeb. I am Sr. embedded Engineer.