lift mechanism

Hi guys,

i have a platform a distance above another one.. the upper platform is on wheels which are in contact with ground and i supporting all the weight. the second one also has wheels but is above ground level. what mechanism can i use such that when it is actuated, the lower platform moves down in contact with ground, withstand the whole weight while the upper platform moves up, now being above ground level..

i have this idea: a rod with a sort of cam mechanism. when it rotates it pushes the upper platform up and lowers the other platform..

any other simpler ideas.. actuators are too expensive and i can't find an electric power jack..

Regards,
satanas

Replies

• choondu
    choondu
    how about hydraulic jacks ? or use simple scissor lift mechanism.
  • nick_cardoza
    nick_cardoza
    simple pulley system wouldnt work?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am a final year Electrical engg, i am supposed to give a 50 mark seminar on any topic related to "recent trends on electrical and electronics" preferably IEEE papers...
Well, this is the hot topic currently discussed. This is also a topic close to our hearts. We would like to know opinions of worldwide CEains on this. I am...
hiii hi... well i m pre final year electrical student ...plss tell me courses to be done which are benifical for me in future for job prospectives....😕
😒.. Hello. in my 2 months training i covered core java. Now i am confused about my 6 month trainig actually i wanted to observe how real big projects are...
welcome to ce deepika ..Hope you will learn a lot from here Please don't spam question