CrazyEngineers
  • LG has introduced pocket sized printer called LG PD233 in Indian markets with a price tag of Rs. 14,990. Those of you who love to have 'hard copies' of their sweetest memories may consider this ultra-portable photo printer. The device is compatible & ideal for use with your Android or iOS powered phones or tablets. The gadget is so small that it can literally fit in your pockets or the corner of your business suitcase. Dimensions wise, it measures 72.4x120.9x24.0mm and weighs only 212 grams.

slide

The printer connects with your phone either through NFC (Near Field Communication), Bluetooth or USB. The best thing about this printer is that it uses the 'Zink Photo Paper'. This is a special paper that embeds ink in the paper itself and the photos printed using the paper are Smudge-proof, water resistant, tear-resistant.

LG offers a dedicated App on both iOS and Android platforms called 'Pocket Photo App' that lets you manage all your printing job effortlessly. You can quickly create QR codes as well. We've a video that shows the device in action.

Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberJul 29, 2013

This is an awesome gadget, Very Pocket compatible.
    But what about the additional cost of ink refilling & Zink photo paper, which will be very costly.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorJul 30, 2013

Amazing. Bluetooth and NFC. What is the average print time of the device?
    Cancel
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

MemberJul 30, 2013

OK , I will buy this! I just loved this 😀 And Interested to know the answer to the question of Abhishek.
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberJul 30, 2013

Interesting and must have gadget for every Photo and scenery geek in the world

Well handy and design looks cool too I think if service and speed is apt we have a new gadget of the year here in the market
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorOct 19, 2013

I was just reading about this LG Pocket Photo Printer
    LG Pocket Photo uses ZINK or zero ink technology. Users get colourful ZINK sheets (2x3 inch) with the device. These ZINK sheets themselves carry colors! Therefore, this device needs no ink.
    The printer simply heats the dye in the sheets to reproduce colours and deliver prints. These sheets can be easily loaded by opening the device’s back flap.

I checked the price too. It says - an additional pack of 30 ZINK sheets costs Rs 1,099, so the cost per print is about Rs. 37.

@#-Link-Snipped-# & @#-Link-Snipped-# I hope your question is answered.
    Answering my own question: Depending on the colours in the image, prints take up to 40-50 seconds.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register