LG Announces HDR Streaming On 4K OLED WebOS Smart TVs

LG Electronics has brought HDR streaming on 4K televisions via the Amazon Video app that can be accessed from the webOS Smart TV platform. For the introduction, Amazon unveiled its original series - Mozart in the Jungle, Transparent and the Red Oaks pilot episode on the Ultra HD 4K OLED TVs including the already available EG9600 curved model and the just-in EF9500 flat model. While, the newly arrived EF9500 features built-in full HDR (High Dynamic Range) compatibility so that users can stream content from any external source devices, the existing EG9600 series is all set to receive a firmware update for the same.

LG-HDR-Stream-4K-OLED-TV
On smartphones, HDR mode are a killer feature to capture really amazing shots in range of brightness, dark or shadow details. With LG tying up with Amazon for adding support for HDR content, Smart webOS TV users is just such a great idea because LG OLED tech is well suited for HDR videos. Moreover, the webOS platform lets you switch between the broadcast TV, external devices and streaming services without much hassle. Apart from Amazon, there's Directv, YouTube and Netflix etc. for accessing full HD options on the LG 4K television sets.

All this good quality video content is coupled with premium built-in speaker systems designed by harman/kardon that are available on the LG's range of 4K OLED TVs.

Source: LG To Offer Amazon Titles In HDR On webOS Smart TV Platform

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, Myself M S Patil, completed my PG in structural engg yesterday and i want to start a small scale industry related to civil products so help me in selecting...
Born and brought up in Delhi, Harsh Gupta lives in Noida (Delhi-NCR) and has a degree in mechanical engineering from JSS Academy of Technical Education. His father is a public...
As the world starts getting used to 3G and looks forward to 4G, the leading electronics equipment makers are already talking about the next generation - the fifth one aka...
Hello Sir, I have 2+ experience in manual testing.But I have left job 2 years before due to some personal reason.And now I want to start with something new,probably in...
It's just a matter of time that WhatsApp will have about a billion people using it actively every month! WhatsApp founder, Jan Koum wrote a post on Facebook that the...