Lets try an easy one on gold pieces

1) You've got someone working for you for 7 days and a gold bar to pay them. The gold bar is segmented into 7 connected pieces. You must give them a piece of gold at the end of every day. If you are allowed to make only two breaks in the gold bar, how do you pay your worker?

Replies

• Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Divide it as piece with 4 segments, piece with 2 segments and piece with 1 segment

1st day: give one piece that has one segment
    2nd day: take back one piece and give the part with 2 segments
    3rd day: give single segment piece also so that now servant has 2 segment piece and one segment piece to have 3 segments for 3 days
    4th day: take back all 3 segments and give the piece with 4 segments
    5th day: give one segment piece
    6th day: take one segment piece back and give two segment piece
    7th day: give the remaining one segment piece
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    Nick_Sharma
    Divide it as piece with 4 segments, piece with 2 segments and piece with 1 segment

1st day: give one piece that has one segment
    2nd day: take back one piece and give the part with 2 segments
    3rd day: give single segment piece also so that now servant has 2 segment piece and one segment piece to have 3 segments for 3 days
    4th day: take back all 3 segments and give the piece with 4 segments
    5th day: give one segment piece
    6th day: take one segment piece back and give two segment piece
    7th day: give the remaining one segment piece
    thats right

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Most of us have our own way to start the day ( I know all of us brush our teeth ๐Ÿ˜). Sometimes we tend to fell that the day is...
I realized that I spend a lot of time fixing the text formatting in titles and posts made by members. The most common one is letter capitalization. I see not...
Yesterday's verdict on Kasab's case brought smile on many faces. Celebrations were on in all parts of India as we celebrate any festival. Then arises another question "When he will...
I AM 'LEARNING' ENGINEERING......................................................
I AM A SOON TO BECOME INDUSTRIAL AND PRODUCTION ENGINEER I HAVE JOINED THE COMMUNITY TO SHARE MY VIEWS AND HELP THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS BRANCH AS...