Let's make it better!

Hi CEans! πŸ˜€

I'm glad to announce that CE forums will undergo changes in next few days. I'd like to know your opinion about proposed changes.

1. Bring everything to front:
No more sub-forums. Everything will be visible on the front page of forum. What do you think about it? Are you happy with the current structure?

2. Add more sections:
Now that we are more in number, we'd like to have more sections. If you want the existing sections to be renamed/reorganized, drop in your ideas. Right now, we have only two trade-specific sections. How about adding sections related to 'Mechanical/Civil/Industrial/Chemical' engineering? We'll need volunteers to jumpstart these sections. Are we ready for it?

Also, our Test Hub is inactive for a long time. Let me know if you have ideas about making it active & useful.

3. Separate section for articles/latest news:
How about a section dedicated to articles by our fellow CEans & latest news?

4. Ranking System:
Have a look at ongoing discussions about ranking system -> (click) #-Link-Snipped-#

If I missed out on anything, do let me know. Every suggestion matters πŸ˜€

-The Big K-

Replies

• rick
    rick
    count my vote for bringing everything to the front [​IMG]

we will work out a structure for our beloved CE forum. what do you say folks? πŸ˜€

i will start thinking about the new ranking system. people ! do you have any suggestions for the ranking system?
  • crook
    crook
    K, let me know if you need my help in restructuring the forums β˜•

I see that this thread is almost dead. Why aren't people posting here? :roll:

Any other volunteers ?
  • sristi
    sristi
    The_Big_K
    Hi CEans! πŸ˜€

2. Add more sections:
    Now that we are more in number, we'd like to have more sections. If you want the existing sections to be renamed/reorganized, drop in your ideas. Right now, we have only two trade-specific sections. How about adding sections related to 'Mechanical/Civil/Industrial/Chemical' engineering? We'll need volunteers to jumpstart these sections. Are we ready for it?

Also, our Test Hub is inactive for a long time. Let me know if you have ideas about making it active & useful.

-The Big K-

hw abt posting regarding new inventions in specific sections that we already have like cs & It forum electrical &electronics form and hw abt making these forms as seperate sections..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi Sristi

That is nice suggestion. Please do elaborate a little. How about introducing sections for Mechanical, Civil, Industrial Engineering? But the big question is 'Are we ready to have those sections?"

Do rush in your ideas. We need more suggestions before we finalize the structure.

So guys, rush in your comments & feedback.

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    But the big question is 'Are we ready to have those sections?"
    correct. We need some more time before starting those sections. I'm surprized that no one really cares about what sections we should have here.

So far only sristi, rick & I have volunteered. Everyone else is sleeping :sleepy:

I don't know what's wrong here πŸ˜’
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    Easy mate! I'm with you guys 😎

I think we all need to have suggestions about what will work the best for our beloved CE forum.

We also need to work out the Ranking System. I'm sick of 'Senior' tag πŸ˜›

Its a nice idea to revert to our original non-subforum structure, but I'm against complete removal of sub-forums. Let us first hear what people really want.

I agree with crook. Everyone needs to be posting on this thread. Afterall its not much of work :hehehe:

jerry
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks Guys! πŸ˜€

The forum is experiencing low activity. Probably we dont' have better threads. We gotta be working on it asap.

I'm busy getting articles for our forum and meeting & convincing people to write for our CE forum ( for free πŸ˜€ )

Forum restructuring will happen soon. Let's work out a plan. Rush in your ideas.

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    post it H-E-R-E!!

Guys, I've been getting emails from CEans regarding their ideas on restructuring of forums.

This is kinda strange 😲 😁 !

We have a forum for discussions! Let your comments flood in here so that everyone can support / reject ( 😁 ) your ideas.

Let me thank all those who took time to email me. Looking forward to have your posts on forums!

-The Big K-
  • rick
    rick
    biggie, people are so shy !

:sleepy:

I think we should not wait for everyone to comment. you start working on the structure and I'll start working on getting members πŸ˜‰

rick
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    rick
    biggie, people are so shy !

:sleepy:

I think we should not wait for everyone to comment. you start working on the structure and I'll start working on getting members πŸ˜‰

rick
    Count me too.....
    I dont know how i missed that section...
    Biggi am with you...πŸ˜€
    😁--Crazy
  • Neha
    Neha
    well according to me forum should be made a bit colorful...watsay??
    and we can include various pics regarding various sections that will make it more interesting!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    thanks

Thanks for the suggestions guyz πŸ˜€

Thanks crazyboy and neha 😁

I like the idea of making forums colorful. I'm not sure if we can have pictures though.

The top priority is to add sections and reorganize the existing sections. Most important- to get the right content !

Keep posting your ideas!

-The Big K-
  • rick
    rick
    My suggestion is to move the 'Gizmo Geek' section to Technical Discussions and introduce the CE - Finance section right away without waiting for the contributors.

Also i think we need to do something about the quantitative section. Also there is an interesting thread started by crazyboy about 'M.B.A' . So as someone suggested, Rename the 'Test Hub' to "Higher Education".

πŸ˜€
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    I liked Rick's idea. The forum needs restructuring. We need to introduce more sections and pull out the Introductions section on the top.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    thanks

thanks pals!

I'll soon roll out the version 1.0 of our forum restructuring plan for all of you to review. If you have any more suggestions, do drop them in right away.

We need to be really carefull because we cannot do forum restructuring often. Therefore, your suggestion matters a lot. How do you want to see the forum? Do you want any new sections? Do you want existing sections to be moved ... write your comments.

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    new engg category..

well starting up category of various engg streams will be superb but i guess we shud start wid fewer in the beginning... introducing all of 'em at the same time cud be difficult to handle.... wcan start with the most popular ones ... ece, comp, it... if it goes well... we can continue and go further... this way we can get acquainted with the discussions that are being held in other streams as well...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    $0.02 -

Guys!

It has been decided that we will start introducing the newer sections as sub-sections. That is because most of you liked the idea of having sub-sections. πŸ˜€

We will introduce the newer Engineering trade specific sections as sub-sections of 'Technical Discussions'. The only problem is, after introducing the new section, we can't afford to keep it empty or a low-activity section. Therefore, let all Civil/Mechnical/Industrial/Marine etc. related discussions inside 'Technical Discussions'. We will introduce a new sections whenever we have at least two threads related to that section.

Let me know what you feel about it.

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ..and ..

moreover .... 😁 ....

Please ( please ( please ( please ... ) 😲

Let me know your ideas on how to make 'The Test Hub' a better section. I thought of renaming it to 'CE: Higher Education' to accomodate discussions related to Masters in Sciences & Management (/Business) .

We need to work on that sections asap. 😁

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CE- Higher Education

Hello CEans!

Your ideas are welcome on the following structure for the 'Test Hub'.

We will be renaming it to 'CE-Higher Education'. Following is the proposed structure -

• Masters In Sciences
    • Masters In Technology
    • Masters In Business Administration
    The Quantitative section will have to be merged with these sections. Do you think its a good idea? Will it be helpful?

Another Plan is to introduce these sections as Sub-forums under 'CE-Higher Education'.

Do post if you have other ideas.

Ideas about new sections are also welcome.

-The Big K-
  • sristi
    sristi
    The_Big_K
    Hello CEans!

Your ideas are welcome on the following structure for the 'Test Hub'.

We will be renaming it to 'CE-Higher Education'. Following is the proposed structure -
    • Masters In Sciences
    • Masters In Technology
    • Masters In Business Administration
    Another Plan is to introduce these sections as Sub-forums under 'CE-Higher Education'.

Do post if you have other ideas.

Ideas about new sections are also welcome.

-The Big K-
    i think its better to introduce them as Sub-forums under 'CE-Higher Education'. n i think MTech section can b avoidedπŸ˜” coz i see may people or either opting for a job after their Grad or they'll b goin for MS .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay. That was just an idea. We are in no hurry to make the changes.

The 'Test Hub' doesn't look nice. Probably, having more discussions & more people to contribute is something which should get priority πŸ˜€

More ideas are welcome!

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    no changes

I don't think we need any change right now. More sections can be added later.

Probably, having more discussions & more people to contribute is something which should get priority :smile:
    yeah !! let us form a ce marketing groups which will advertise our forum 😁 .

comments biggie? πŸ˜‰

Crook
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crook
    comments biggie? πŸ˜‰
    Crook
    I didn't really visit this thread for sometime. CE Marketing Groups πŸ˜’ ! No doubt we have really crazy souls over here.

I'm really hungry for the feedback. Drop in your comments & ideas on how to make this place more useful.

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    crook

comments biggie? πŸ˜‰

Crook

nice idea!!! if we are successful in implementing an efficient marketing team, CE will be everywhere !!!!
    what sat people???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi everyonei m new among you ,can any one please help me ..giving some advice that may be useful for me during my summer vaccations .. shall i do training...
Guys! 😁 Type www.CrazyEngineers.com in your browser and visit the newly launched CrazyEngineers portal ! 😁 Alternatively, if you are logged in, you can click on CE-Portal link in the...
Guys! Our fellow CEan - Anshul has developed a Laptop Holder (See the attached Pics). Let's discuss his product in this thread. Do pour in your feedback/comments/suggestions anything! πŸ˜€ -About...
Some Questions from TCS Hi everyone Can anyone answer the simple questions.These are the questions i found in last year TCS question papers. 1.A car is filled with four and...
What do u think people,does the rise in the fee structure of various IIM justified???? well in my opinion,if considered on the part of students if they can pay 1.5...