Let s and t be two vertices in a undirected graph G=(V,E) having distinct positive edge weights.

Let s and t be two vertices in a undirected graph G=(V,E) having distinct positive edge weights. Let [X,Y] be a partition of V such that s∈X and t∈Y. Consider the edge e having the minimum  weight amongst all those edges that have one vertex in X and one vertex in Y.

Let the weight of an edge e denote the congestion on that edge. The congestion on a path is defined to be the maximum of the congestions on the edges of the path. We wish to find the path from s to t having minimum congestion. Which of the following paths is always such a path of minimum congestion?

1. a path from s to t in the minimum weighted spanning tree

2. a weighted shortest path from s to t

3. an Euler walk from s to t

4. a Hamiltonian path from s to t

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I have a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (3.73 GPA) and want to pursue graduate school in engineering. I have never taken a single engineering course before.What engineering discipline...
By a suitable example .... examination point of view...
I want the idea of making a combine harvester .which can be Ox drawn  and can be used to harvest crops such as maize .wheat, soya beans and other  and...
I'm a Nit hamirpur cse 1st yr student and it has taken me 2 semesters to realize how restricted mindset we start adapting to , due to syallbus and attendance...
Ok so I am writing an article about injection molding and I want to get it right.To my knowledge, there are mainly seven types of fillers used in the injection...