Lessons for Entrepreneur by John Detitta

Hey Everyone,

Here I found great Business Lessons for Entrepreneur. Let's share with you guys to getting success in business.

Choose Your Partners Carefully! said by John De Titta

I once had a business that was growing tremendously, I was young and naive and was approached by two "outstanding citizens" in the community. They wanted to help me grow the business and offered their services on a delayed billing plan. Being naive, I jumped at the chance not knowing they had one goal in my mind - to get me out, and and take over the company. The business failed because of legal battles.

Whenever you think of bringing someone in take a breath... step back... and review the situation. What is the value of them coming in? Would it be better if you did it on your own or hired someone part time? Check their references. Are they easy to work with? Do they know your business? If you bring a partner into a business it is no different then a marriage!

Seriously, it is that deep a relationship. In a good marriage there is give and take, compromise, teamwork, loyalty, dedication and empathy.

A good management team is required for your success! Chances are if you are an entrepreneur you will need business partners that will balance you out. You probably are the sales and ideas person and you need someone to handle the growth, day to day operations, and financial matters. Sit down with the individual you want to bring in, get to know them well.

Tell them your goals, your strengths and what you need their help with. Be honest and open and see if they are as well. Then when you do bring them in, follow what you agreed with them: LET THEM DO THEIR JOB!

What you say guys , we should learn from this lesson by #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hi alexrussell

Nice experienced shared. 😀

[PS: Please introduce yourself in CE-Introductions section. Don' forget to go through the following thread first.

#-Link-Snipped-# ]

Thanks !
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    wow, that's a good one.
    Very nice lesson, indeed.
    Especially the analogy between marriage and business!!

Cheers! 😀
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hey, nice post Russell. Here is another link on getting in co-founders. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    nice post Russell.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Nice tips ,,,, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sarah Johnson
    Sarah Johnson
    Thanks Alex! I took the time to read the rest of the lessons found on his site #-Link-Snipped-# and they were helpful. Me and my husband are just starting a Computer Consulting Business and we followed a lot of the tips to get set up. The only way is up now!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guy, I want to share this site to you that has a lot of hobby projects or DO it yourself projects which involved electronics in different applications... Here are...
​ What do you get if you stick a Nokia N97 in the dryer on high heat for an hour, rip the keyboard off with your bare hands, and replace...

Hi

Hi I m kundan ghanekar from Bhopal,India.I m an electrical engineering student.
Hi I want your help to create current transformer. I want to create a transformer through which i can get this specification Step up transformer 2mA I/P 100mA O/PI don't...
hi everybody , i am doing lift controller using 8051 i need block diagram and asm chart for that plz any one can help me out.