Lenovo Yoga tablet has several innovations that may go unnoticed

Lenovo has announced Yoga tablet and I think it's an amazing gadget, but I fear all the innovations Lenovo has included in it will go unnoticed. I now know why Apple always makes it a huge event in announcing their gadgets and position themselves as industry leaders. It essentially eclipses all the innovations introduced by rivals. Here's a list of innovations in Lenovo Yoga that set it apart from other tablets.

1. Innovative Stupport Stand:

I think Lenovo has the best design among all the tablets. I think Microsoft Surface 2 offers a similar stand that allow the screen to be put at various tilt angles. All the three positions the stand allows should be quite comfortable. I've used the smart cover that comes with iPad 2 and I couldn't get the best comfort position. Though I haven't had any hands on with the gadget; I think Lenovo has addressed the problem very well.

Lenovo-Yoga-Android-1

2. Grip:

I'm not a big fan of 'thinness'. Thin devices are very difficult to hold and operate. I think Yoga tablet has an edge in this category. By not having a flat design, the grip it offers should be very comfortable. I believe it offers a feeling & grip similar to holding a book.

Lenovo-Yoga-Grip

3. 18 Hours Battery Life - FTW :

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first Android powered tablet that really goes beyond 10 hours of battery life. Android's been a battery eater and Android's engineers have confirmed that it's by the design of graphics handling in Android. Lenovo's promising 18 hours of battery life which is ~2x what their rivals offer. I think it's one point that the company should promote through all their ads.

Even with three amazing features, I fear that Apple & Samsung will continue to eat Lenovo's lunch. I believe that if anyone's looking to buy a tablet; Lenovo Yoga should be the best choice.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot of people say that the Lenovo Yoga tab reminds them of the Notion Ink Adam. This is definitely an entry level gadget, and I agree with Biggie that this one has some game-changing innovations that aren't getting enough traction.
    The support stand might as well get into the designer's heads at Apple and Samsung pretty soon!

Here's a product tour video for you all -

This one deserves the attention, y'all engineers!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It does have some similarities in design; but I don't think Yoga can be compared with Adam. The two devices are into two entirely different games and audiences.

Notion Ink Adam failed because of the company's failure to provide on-time delivery and poor customer service. As I'm writing this comment, I'm trying to load the official website of NotionInk and it's not coming up. Looks like the company is headed to deathbed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ZTE has today launched a set of new smartphones that run the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Operating system in its Blade Q range. With the unveiling of the Z...
I'm surprised to see that none of the Android phones, iPhone, Nokia or Blackberry smartphones yet have 802.11ac. Looks like the latest speedy wifi is still limited to limited number...
I have performed compressive testing of cubes using fly ash based cement . Three of them were demolded after 24 hours and 3 of them were demolded on the 5th...
I do not know how far this is true or feasible. Looks as though the more advanced an appliance the more it can be misused. Quote: Chinese Appliances are Shipping...
The story of how the electric guitar was invented is told here: https://gizmodo.com/how-the-electric-guitar-was-invented-1453939129 An EE (Adolph Rickenbacker) was half the team.