Lenovo A10 Android Laptop Is Convertible - Features & Specifications Unveiled

Lenovo has brought to the market a new convertible laptop called Lenovo A10 - which is the company's first to run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. At 1 kg weight and 17.3mm thickness, Lenovo A10 is ultra-portable and is unique for its 300-degree flip functionality. The Lenovo A10 features a 10.1-inch HD (1366 x 768) resolution screen that can be flipped around 300 degrees in "stand mode". It is a Dual-Mode laptop with - A laptop mode and a stand more. The stable hinge and "fold-back" design keeps the device steady and prevents shaking and bouncing while using the 10-point multi-touch screen. In "laptop mode", the Lenovo A10 provides a customized user interface that features an app launcher, task bar and status bar for accessing app library and desktop for convenient multitasking and app switching.

Lenovo-A10-Android-Laptop

More on the Lenovo A10 tech specs, we find stereo speakers and an integrated 0.3 megapixel webcam. A file manager software that comes installed with the Lenovo customized OS makes it easy to locate and manage a library of documents, videos and music - something you think you need on an Android smartphone when there's too much date. Anyway, in laptop mode, the device offers a full-size ergonomic, AccuType keyboard and a touchpad - as you can see from the image above. Running on a RK3188, quad-core Cortex-A9 processor at a maximum frequency of 1.6GHz, Lenovo A10 is offering users the highest frequency for all quad-core ARM-based CPUs currently available.

Lenovo claims that the A10's battery support is up to nine hours of continuous video playback - which needs to be scrutinized under review. "With the recent explosive growth in Android-based, smart connected devices, customers are relying more on Android apps for both work and play. Why should they be required to switch and duplicate to use their laptop? Lenovo's A10 brings ultra-portability and dual-mode benefits to Android users at a reasonable price," said Bai Peng, vice president and general manager, notebook business unit, Lenovo Business Group. "Thin and light, with multiple modes and user-inspired innovations for an outstanding user experience ... the A10 is uniquely Lenovo."

slide

For storage needs, the Lenovo A10 users will get access to 1 GB or 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage, and a microSD card slot for up to 64 GB of extra storage. For the Connectivity, the laptop features USB port and combo audio jack on the left side, and another USB port, microUSB port, and microHDMI port on the right.

From what's been shared in the press release, Lenovo has confirmed that pricing and availability varies per region. The Lenovo A10 Android Laptop is soon going to be available in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific countries. We will update this space with more details on the Lenovo A10's price as we get the official details.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It looks like The Verge has got an official confirmation on the price. The price is set to start around $249 USD equivalent. That makes it a budget-friendly notebook for many.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    You people should also check Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13.
    Lenovo's Ultrabook Convertible, aptly christened IdeaPad Yoga 13, has been rolled out in India recently for over Rs 1,03,775/- with all its aluminium unibody awesomeness. With Windows 8 Pro OS to spine it, the tablet-to-laptop (and vice versa) convertible boasts a full HD 13.3 inch IPS LCD capacitive display with 10-finger multi-touch technology which revolves 360 degrees that offers user a freedom to browse anything any way with just a single touch on the screen.

The 360 degree Flip and Fold design lets the device shift between four modes (Notebook Mode, Stand Mode, Tent Mode and Tablet mode) while the AccuTypekey board remains static in its place.
    More here: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 Price In India, Features And Specs Listed

Looks like Lenovo loves its gadgets flippin'. What do you people think?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think that something like the ASUS Transformer Book should be a better option for many.
    ASUS Transformer AiO P1801 Launched In India - Your PC Is Your Tablet
    ASUS Transformer Book TX300 Price In India Is Rs. 92,000 - Worth a Buy or Worth a Sigh?

What would you people do with an Android powered laptop?
    Any ideas? @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# any opinions?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Android laptops, never will be my choice. Android cannot fulfill all the tasks which desktop distros can. I like Android,but for laptops?never!
    I would prefer spending 75$ more & buy Chromebook, unlock the bootloader & Install Linux distro.
    I don't see any future of Android as desktop OS.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    i think anderoid laptop can't be able to face the windows competation because they are hanged up easier but the windows works more efficiently and if the windows phone range is started same with anderoid then i don't think that someone will prefre anderoid over windows. i don't want to throw these views because these are mine and it might be possible that someone has the just opposite views if there is someone then pls give the appropriate reason.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Big trucks and cars often block the sight on the highways which makes overtaking them a difficult business. Wouldn't it be very nice if the drivers could see the road...
I am studying "Freakonomics" by Steven Levitt in which he states that legalization of abortion in America has a major role in curbing crime and it had decreased homicides, rape,...
what is working mechanism of the diwali gun pls explain me how its happening simultaneously
I was browsing through SnapDeal.com when I found out about www.reglobe.in where you can buy and sell used gadgets. ReGlobe.in comes with a tagline 'choose to reuse'. Sounds like a...
I had been using my laptop for the past four years and its good to have a touchpad other than a mouse as it offers more ease on working and...