Learning Management Software: Mechanical Engineering Perspective

Hey guys and girls,
Will a certificate course in Microsoft Office or Primavera be of any help to me if i plan to continue in the core mechanical fields like Fluids or Machine design?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to #-Link-Snipped-# section.

The management software (I'd not call MS Office a 'Management Software'); would help if you're in the team-lead or project management role. MS Office is a 'basic' must for any engineer these days and it'd be a huge mistake not to know one.

Plus, MS Office is tad easy to learn (at least; basic usage) and doing a 'certificate' course would look bit 'odd'. You should be very comfortable with basic text processing and spreadsheets; that's it.
  • ironman
    ironman
    The_Big_K
    Thread moved to #-Link-Snipped-# section.

The management software (I'd not call MS Office a 'Management Software'); would help if you're in the team-lead or project management role. MS Office is a 'basic' must for any engineer these days and it'd be a huge mistake not to know one.

Plus, MS Office is tad easy to learn (at least; basic usage) and doing a 'certificate' course would look bit 'odd'. You should be very comfortable with basic text processing and spreadsheets; that's it.
    Ohh, excuse me for my carelessness. I meant Microsoft Project.
    So, you mean to say that even if i want to do a core mechanical course, knowledge of something like that would help me?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ironman
    Ohh, excuse me for my carelessness. I meant Microsoft Project.
    So, you mean to say that even if i want to do a core mechanical course, knowledge of something like that would help me?
    The project management would chip in once you're actually managing a project or a team of engineers. I don't see it being useful to fresh graduates. I'm quite sure that the MS Project & other project management software is used in every engineering / technology industry.
  • ironman
    ironman
    The_Big_K
    The project management would chip in once you're actually managing a project or a team of engineers. I don't see it being useful to fresh graduates. I'm quite sure that the MS Project & other project management software is used in every engineering / technology industry.
    Thanks Big_K, this problem was confounding me for quite sometime now.

Now i can sleep in peace. Good night Big_K and all other CEans (that is, assuming you also are in IST)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Busan Tower construction is in full swing at Busan in South Korea. Also known as Busan Lotte World Tower, the 110 floor building is expected to be the world's 5th...
The New Transit Yurikamome (formerly called Tokyo Waterfront New Transit Waterfront Line) is an automated guideway transit, Tokyo's first fully automated transit system, sometimes mistaken as a monorail but the...
The latest update to the Google maps & latitude app has secretly introduced a new feature to the Latitude. It now displays a leaderboards for the points collected on check-ins;...
Hello CEan's 😀 , This thread is combined study group for those who are preparing to get CCNA Certification. We can share preparation plans, materials and clarify our doubts here....
VLC has reached a new version and brings loads of new features. Check our detailed coverage of the new media player and what new it's got to offer: https://www.crazyengineers.com/download-vlc-2-twoflower-for-windows-mac-now-1835/