Lava Xtron Z704: 7-Inch Android KitKat Tablet With Quad Core Processor For Rs. 6499

At a time when research firm Gartner has released less than average growth figures for tablets in the current year, Lava is making efforts to make Android tablets cool again with its new offering, the Lava Xtron Z704. The Lava Xtron Z704 is a budget Android KitKat tablet targeted at students and young professionals. The Lava Xtron Z704 is priced at Rs. 6499 and goes up for sale right in time for the festival of Diwali. The tablet even at this price point offers a HD (1024 x 600 pixels) resolution display with multi-touch capabilities. The design of the tablet is reminiscent of Google’s Nexus 7 albeit with larger bezels and matte finish back cover.

Lava Xtron Z704 1
Lava Xtron Z704 2 Lava Xtron Z704 3 Lava Xtron Z704 4 Lava Xtron Z704 5 Lava Xtron Z704 6 Lava Xtron Z704 7

Underneath the hood we discover a MediaTek MT8127 chipset which is a relatively new SoC. Even though it is not uncommon to find MediaTek chipsets in entry level devices we appreciate efforts of Lava to include a newer variant. On the chipset we find a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB DDR 3 RAM and a Videocore IV graphics processor entrusted with the task of running Android 4.4 (KitKat). On the photography front, we find a 2MP sensor on the rear and a VGA one on the front. Lava claims that that the rear camera will be used by students to take snapshots of notes but we are quite sceptical of this claim considering the low resolution.

The Lava Xtron Z704 has got an internal memory of 16GB and allows you to expand that storage with the help of microSD cards of up to 32GB. The best feature of the tablet is its 4000mAh battery which can easily power it for an entire day of use. The biggest thing missing from the Lava Xtron Z704 is 3G connectivity. You have to be content with EDGE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and microUSB connectivity options.

For more information on the tablet, you can visit Lava XTRON Z704 Tablet | Latest Tablets | Tablet in India - Lava Mobiles and peruse through the press release embedded below.

Spoiler: Press Release

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    My first reaction after reading the post was... WOW. I read that price is just 6499 /- I would recommend this for the surfing (as it has a bigger size and awesome battery)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sorry to have put it this way, but since I have joined, I have seen too little engineering related talk and far too much general product reviews and other talk....
Hello CEans, Life is so much F***ed up! Long-time i never posted any valuable post. All emotional posts. No use. Hope you will find this post helpful. Let's Get Started!...
Google proudly unveiled the Nexus 6, the latest flagship smartphone built by Motorola in a blog post today. The Nexus 6 is a significant improvement from the LG made Nexus...
After making a mark for itself in the tablet world with the critically acclaimed Nexus 7 tablet, Google has announced a bigger offering in form of the Nexus 9. The...
Hi, Anish from Kerala, India. Nice to meet you all. Mechanical Engineer in an Automation firm.