Latest Trend In Electronics: Powerful Components That Consume Lesser Power

Consumer electronics is rapidly advancing towards development & design of smarter gadgets which are smaller in size. We've already advanced from a room size computer to handheld devices which are multiple times more powerful than the first few computers. This advancement in the world of electronics, in my opinion, has been made possible because of the development of powerful and smarter components that consume lesser power.

Take the Tablets, for example. For me, they are rapidly advancing towards replacing the laptops and we've already been successful in removing the physical keyboards with touchscreens. This was made possible because engineers were able to develop power storages in smaller sizes. The iPad 2 is just 8.8mm thick and yet, it delivers close to 10 hours of battery life.

Do you think this qualifies as the latest trend in electronics? I believe most of the innovation today is based on the development of miniature power sources. Because if we don't develop smaller power sources - we can't expect lot of advancement in design and development of components.

Your take on this, please?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    true. Powering up devices as small as nano devices becomes important. As far as networking goes ( I cant stop getting it into discussion 😔), the sensor networks need very efficient low power devices and ofcourse the power sources too will be very tiny same goes with the bluetooth devices as well. Not only the power sources need to be miniature , the power consumption also needs to be small for that matter

can anyone give anyother examples?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft's Kinect is official the world's fastest selling consumer electronics device. Kinect sells over 133k devices every day and so far, they've sold over 10 million devices and equal number...
OEM range will reduce manufacturers’ time-to-market and reduce costs WASHINGTON D.C., and SINT-NIKLAAS, Belgium, 10 March 2011. Newtec, a global industry leader shaping the future of satellite communications, is to...
A conversation about the process of selecting a software bridegroom... Please read the mail, as per you’re current your positions...​A conversation about the process of selecting a software bridegroom... Enjoy...
If the Titanic was made in India..... 1) There would be 10 times as many people on the ship 2) There would be a song with Kate Winslet in a...
Shape Memory Alloys (SMA's) are novel materials which have the ability to return to a predetermined shape when heated. When an SMA is cold, or below its transformation temperature, it...