Larry Page Is New CEO of Google

Co-Founder of Google, Larry Page will be the new CEO of Google Inc. from April 4, Google announced few hours ago. The current CEO, Eric Schmidt will assume the role of 'Executive Chairman' to focus on deals, partnerships, customers and broader business relationships, government outreach and technology thought leadership. He will continue to be an advisory to the founders Page and Brin. Sergey Brin will focus on strategic projects, in particular working on new products.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Larry Page

Schmidt wrote the following upon the big change at the top of Google -

We’ve been talking about how best to simplify our management structure and speed up decision making for a long time. By clarifying our individual roles we’ll create clearer responsibility and accountability at the top of the company. In my clear opinion, Larry is ready to lead and I’m excited about working with both him and Sergey for a long time to come.

While Larry Pages mentions -

Eric has clearly done an outstanding job leading Google for the last decade. The results speak for themselves. There is no other CEO in the world that could have kept such headstrong founders so deeply involved and still run the business so brilliantly. Eric is a tremendous leader and I have learned innumerable lessons from him. His advice and efforts will be invaluable to me as I start in this new role. Google still has such incredible opportunity–we are only at the beginning and I can’t wait to get started.

The big news came from Google along with the declaration of their quarterly results which indicated that Google grew by 26% to 8.44 billion in the last quarter. At present Google has $35 billion in cash and over 24000 employees worldwide.

2010Q4_google_earnings_slides

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While Mobile Number Portability is getting attention from the media, there are talks going on about 'Vehicle Number Portability'. MNP is a technology that allows subscribers to change their network...
Staying 19 kilometers away from the college is a pain and studying in a college which demands 75%+ attendance serves as makes it worse. I am presently in my 3rd...
ERP or Enterprise Resource Planning is a term which I believe is hard to miss if one has anything to do with any business process. Otherwise also any person who...
Sony Bravia BX300 is one of the popular LCD TVs in India. The 32" LCD packs interesting features and technology and claims to redefine your TV viewing. In addition, the...
HCL Me Netbook AE1V1063-X is an affordable and lightweight computer and I'm sure many engineering students would prefer it for their studies. The term 'Netbook' is relatively new to the...