Largest-Ever 3D Map of the Universe Will Blow Your Mind [VIDEO]

If you are space-science freak, you would love to see this animated flight through the universe created by Miguel Aragon of John Hopkins University with Mark Subbarao.
You will see around 400,000 actual galaxies in this animation in their correct positions.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Makes you feel like 'The God' ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    As an amateur astronomer, I love watching the sky. With the suspended particle matter and light pollution being so high, nowadays the sun and moon are about the only celestial objects (other than the planes and helicopters) that are visible in Bangalore these days.

This video is like manna from heaven. Thanks, AKD.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    To move across the milky way would take light 40,000 years, and this video spans the distance of a galaxy in a millisecond or two. If we say that that the "camera" in this video is spanning the distance of a milky-way sized galaxy in 1 millisecond, then it's travelling at 1,262,304,000,000,000 times the speed of light. VERY rough estimate.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Very nice. Is universe that much full of particle matter?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Each of those particles is a galaxy!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    bioramani
    With the suspended particle matter and light pollution being so high, nowadays the sun and moon are about the only celestial objects (other than the planes and helicopters) that are visible in Bangalore these days.
    What is light pollution?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    silverscorpion
    What is light pollution?
    Light pollution is the bane of naked eye astronomy. Normally a dark adjusted human eye can see sixth magnitude stars on a fully dark night. Venus can throw a shadow that can be seen. While staying in a silent valley resort we could see shadows thrown by the milky way.
    In Bangalore all the Sodium vapour lamps and the scattered light from the floating dust prevents even the first magnitude stars from being seen.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Few months ago, an Infosys employee named Jake Palmer in the US filed a case against the Indian IT major Infosys, accusing the company of a large scale VISA fraud....
Hello, m 2 nd yr case student, plz suggest me some related paper presentation topics
I mean by Generation-C connected, communicating, content-centric, computerized, community-oriented and always clicking. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜€
I am doing my electrical engineering and have grown a lot of interest in Microcontrollers. But i haven't found a proper reference books in this area. Please guide me in...
A huge choice of text colours to embellish your thoughts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors (posted by KGRD in: https://verdoos.ucoz.com/blog/more_c...ours_quot_for_verdoos_posting/2012-08-09-2293)