Laptops : Mobility Or Privacy?

I've had a long debate with my friend about laptops being used for 'privacy' over 'mobility'. Let's face it, laptop gives you a way to hide your screen from the world so that you can do whatever time-killing activity you want. So you might just be watching a movie and pretend to be working hard over a complex problem making others around you feel that you're actually doing something important.

Laptops being used for mobility is a big joke. Most of the people I know use laptop to watch & store gigs of movies, music and games.

If what I'm saying is true, shall we conclude that laptops are just the tools to provide more privacy than mobility?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Most of the people I know use laptop to watch & store gigs of movies, music and games.
    Agree with these points. Laptop is mostly used for Privacy and yes people like Service engineer and field application engineers are using it as a mobility. 😉
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    The_Big_K
    laptop gives you a way to hide your screen from the world so that you can do whatever time-killing activity you want. So you might just be watching a movie and pretend to be working hard over a complex problem making others around you feel that you're actually doing something important.
    I agree that laptops provides privacy, but when you talk about mobility then it depends on the type of work. As @Godfather said "Service engineer and field application engineers are using it as a mobility", I find tablets or smartphones providing more mobility to others. I know you can't compare 15-16 inch laptop with 4 inch smartphones, but still a lot of work can be done on it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, many engineering students are working on robots as their final or third year projects. Unless your design is confidential, why not share the photos of your robots with us?...
I've been thinking about this crazy idea for a contest under our CE Labs - and it would be open to engineers all around the world. The idea is to...
12 Must-See Skywatching Events in 2012 https://old.news.yahoo.com/s/space/20111231/sc_space/12mustseeskywatchingeventsin2012
https://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-The-Super-Voyager-Paper-Airplane/
hello frnds..i m mtech power system student ...i want project related to distributed generation in which matlab software is use..could you please help me....