CrazyEngineers
  • I've had a long debate with my friend about laptops being used for 'privacy' over 'mobility'. Let's face it, laptop gives you a way to hide your screen from the world so that you can do whatever time-killing activity you want. So you might just be watching a movie and pretend to be working hard over a complex problem making others around you feel that you're actually doing something important.

Laptops being used for mobility is a big joke. Most of the people I know use laptop to watch & store gigs of movies, music and games.

If what I'm saying is true, shall we conclude that laptops are just the tools to provide more privacy than mobility?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberJan 2, 2012

Most of the people I know use laptop to watch & store gigs of movies, music and games.
    Agree with these points. Laptop is mostly used for Privacy and yes people like Service engineer and field application engineers are using it as a mobility. 😉
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • born_star16

MemberJan 3, 2012

The_Big_K
    laptop gives you a way to hide your screen from the world so that you can do whatever time-killing activity you want. So you might just be watching a movie and pretend to be working hard over a complex problem making others around you feel that you're actually doing something important.
    I agree that laptops provides privacy, but when you talk about mobility then it depends on the type of work. As @Godfather said "Service engineer and field application engineers are using it as a mobility", I find tablets or smartphones providing more mobility to others. I know you can't compare 15-16 inch laptop with 4 inch smartphones, but still a lot of work can be done on it.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register