laptop problem help

hey guys,
i brought a sony viao e series vpcea15fn two days ago
but a few of my friends say its not a very good laptop. is the performance of sony poor? 😕 please help me in checking and please do give your own reviews on the performance of sony..

please review it and give any suggestions on the performance of
sony e
series vpcea15fn
thanks

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Could you post your laptop's configuration? What exactly do you mean by performance? Do the programs take time to load?
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    i havent actually encountered a problem biggie but some of my relatives told it had performance issues and it took about 14 min to copy 800 mb from my phone which had many small files is that a lot of time? i havent installed many programs till now externally.
    i am posting the link so that you could get the complete information

#-Link-Snipped-#

thanks
  • Hoseter
    Hoseter
    Last Friday morning, my Sony Vaio PCG-GRX550 wouldn't power up. I had a green power light, but the disc light would flash for a moment and then go away. The battery charging light would blink, but that was all.

I called Sony support--the number on the green warranty pack card, worked with two different techs for about 30 minutes. They decided I needed to fedex the unit to San Diego (I'm in Memphis) and it would be at least $300. One very interesting question from them..."Have you recently done a memory upgrade." No, the Vaio came with 512mg in 2-256mg chips. I had done nothing to the unit in the 11 months I've owned it. (It's a refurb.)

I called my husband at work to tell him my sad tale. He called me back in an hour with an interesting story. He works in a radio station and was talking to his chief engineer friend who also has a Vaio, as does his wife and the assistant engineer. His wife's Vaio had failed the previous week! Same problem description. The assistant engineer's Vaio had failed similarly in the recent past. For some reason, somebody had checked his memory slots. The #2 slot was BAD!. He had removed the second memory chip and left it out. The Vaio worked perfectly. The chief engineer did the same thing with his wife's Vaio and got the same results! Two out of four is a pattern, friends.

I went to Comp USA and asked the tech to remove the second memory chip and put in a 512 in the first slot. He did and the unit worked! I paid for the chip and went home delighted. When I got home, it didn't work. I took it back, the tech decided the chip was bad and put in another. It worked. I took it home and it failed again. I went back today and another tech said the 512 chip was not the one needed for a Sony Vaio, that it was a proprietary chip we would have to buy from Sony. He put in one of my 256 chips (in the #1 slot) and it worked. I came home and it's still working!!!

I can't find a 512 chip on the net for a Sony Vaio and I may not worry about it. The 256 works fine for my needs and I'm going to leave things alone for a while. It sure sounds like Sony has a problem with their memory slots on Vaios...the query from the Sony tech seems suspicious in light of later knowledge. Can you spell CLASS ACTION SUIT? SOOOO, if you're having a problem, power down, unplug, and then unscrew the center plate under the Vaio and remove the chip closest to the back of the laptop-that's the #2 slot.

I'd be interested to hear if this works for anyone else. As it stands tonight, I'm 256mg lighter, but my Vaio is working and it didn't cost me a cent!
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I hope the people at Sony got an earful from you!! 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sorry for reposting the problem... how to use com ports in .net and can we create an exe from vb.net by embedding a flash game into it
Hello friend's, Just started some read about java script. Can any one tell me what is the reason that web pages embedded with java script work more faster than the...
where can i get a good low cost pic usb programmer in india all the ones available on the net are either too costly or are unreliable
i need some help on k-means algorithm............ may i know what are the applications of k-means which can be shown using animation.... plz help?????
im trying to make this project in my collge in first year i do have the tim and resources but i need help .... i want to make a circuit...