laplace transform

Why do we take 0- as the lower limit while doing laplace transform to find initial condition of a network instead of taking 0 as lower limit??😒

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Since we define all the laplace functions for t>=0!
    In that case we need the value of the system at the moment it is arriving zero like 0-.
  • sayandev
    sayandev
    Is it about the impulse at t->0 ????
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    me too having same problem

VIPUL
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    While taking the Laplace transform of a system we take t=0 as the reference value of the variable as the starting point of the system. But the system will be already in a current state i.e. before we start observing it there is an initial state of the system. This is represented by t=0-. Now the system equations in s-domain will consist of differential equations which need a continous function to operate.If we simply ignore the initial condition of the system then thre will be errors in the derivation of final state of the system. Hence the complte Laplace integral has to integrate from t=0- to inf.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😁 I love it when some one radically tries to drift from the crowd mentality, these group of Canadian students came up with aerocraft which 'flaps' its wings like bird...
pls somone help me.................. i need a full seminar report on instant messaging system using distributed system......before 30th sept-10..... kindly send it to my mail-id----
Hello All, I had this idea of a new section on CE; let's call it "College Corner" to host discussions related to different engineering colleges all over the world. However,...
Here is the link and news about the outage of Facebook. Facebook apologizes for worst outage in 4 years - Computerworld
CEans, Most of you are aware that we have relaunched CE Bulletin. With the new mechanism to handle the email delivery, we are now capable of sending beautiful looking HTML...