Laplace Transform : sin^2(wt) question

Hello! I am working on my Laplace Transform homework and I am trying to work out the steps on how my professor got this answer but I am not understanding it. The question is:

Q: What is the inverse Laplace transform of {32 / (s(s[SUP]2[/SUP] + 64))} ?
A: sin[SUP]2[/SUP](4t)

The Laplace Look Up Table formula is :

Signal                                Transform
sin[SUP]2[/SUP](w[SUB]0[/SUB]t)                          2w[SUB]0[/SUB][SUP]2[/SUP] / (s(s[SUP]2[/SUP] + 4w[SUB]0[/SUB][SUP]2[/SUP]))
When I am breaking down this function and I am using the transform equation I can only break down the 64 (since 8[SUP]2[/SUP] = 64) but that 4 right next to it and that 32 is throwing me for a loop.

I really appreciate it if someone can help me understand how the answer is sin[SUP]2[/SUP](4t)

Replies

• Sagar07
    Sagar07
    Didn't get your question exactly.......
  • Brad Grillakis
    Brad Grillakis
    Sagar07
    Didn't get your question exactly.......
    My question is, from this function 32/(s(s[SUP]2[/SUP]+64)), how is the answer sin[SUP]2[/SUP](4t)? (I have been trying to work out how my professor got this answer but I can not seem to figure this out. I tried doing partial fractions, but u cant because of the s[SUP]2[/SUP].)

The 2 formula I gave is from the Laplace Transform Table.
  • ritesh05
    ritesh05
    Here as we can see that in the denominator there is 's' term so we can directly use the division by s formula that is
    [​IMG]
    so after using this formula you will get -.5(cos8t-1)=-.5(1-2sin^(4t)-1)=sin^2(4t)...............{cos2t=1-2sin^2(t)}
  • rashidsohail
    rashidsohail
    i dont understand that
    Here as we can see that in the denominator there is 's' term so we can directly use the division by s formula that is
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Brad Grillakis
    My question is, from this function 32/(s(s[SUP]2[/SUP]+64)), how is the answer sin[SUP]2[/SUP](4t)? (I have been trying to work out how my professor got this answer but I can not seem to figure this out. I tried doing partial fractions, but u cant because of the s[SUP]2[/SUP].)

The 2 formula I gave is from the Laplace Transform Table.
    This can be solved by partial fractions. All you need is proper substitution.

Substitute it as (A/s)+(Bs+C)/(s^2+64).

A=0.5,B=-0.5,C=0.

so you get 0.5/s- 0.5/(s^2+64)

Laplace inverse of the first term is 1, and that of second term is cos(8t).
    So you get 0.5*(1-cos8t).By trignometry, cos8t=1-2sin^2 (4t).
    So you get 0.5*(1-(1-2sin^2(4t))).
    =0.5*2sin^2(4t).
    =sin^2(4t).//
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Write the fraction 32/(s(s2+64) as follows..

32/(s(s2+64) = (2*4[sup]2[/sup])/(s*(s[sup]2[/sup] + 4*4[sup]2[/sup]))

So, you get w[sub]0[/sub] to be 4. Hence, the inverse Laplace transform is, from the formula you have given, sin[sup]2[/sup] 4t

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

16 Year Old Builds Tiny House for a Mortgage-Free Future (Video) : TreeHugger
Quote: Up to 18 million tonnes of tsunami debris floating from Japan could arrive on British Columbia's shores by 2014, according to estimates by University of Hawaii scientists. Endquote 18...
G'Day guys, We have been looking around and feel this would be an appropriate forum full of good knowledgeable people to ask a few challenging questions. The missus an I...
i'm going to give the seminar on the topic "sandbox". what are the requirements to make the seminar report?
I've been reading news that iPhone 4s is officially launching in India in November 2011. While the price of iPhone 4S is going to be quite high (as compared to...