Languages, theories, and a theory of languages

Language is the medium of theory; although we "react" unconsciously to a lot of "theoretical" information, most of it is discarded (from a short-term store).

Conjecture: we filter the majority of short-term experience and retain only a small part of the (much larger) temporary (ancillary, or "scratch") experience. The width and or depth of the temporary store of "theoretical information" is open to question, given the human brain has as many neurons as there are stars in the galaxy it evolved in.

Conjecture: the filtering is also an unconscious activity, with "foreground recall", and learning is essentially iterative deepening (reinforcement), by cycling "knowledge" around, in a continuous comparison of "A" with "B" etc.
That is to say the brain permutes "knowledge", and filters new information against "stored experience". This all happens in an internal language, which does not contain words--the words are maps we attach, like pins, to a much larger image.
Words help us to "find a path" through both the long-term "refreshed" store, and the passive "working" store. Note the theory here says that brain "actively" deals with day-to-day experience with a passive memory, the "actively refreshed" one, is of course where "consciousness" is perceived as a linguistic map, with "words" that transform "theories" from the unconscious domain of "M" into the consciousness.

This is all before you say or write any of them, though.
The thrust here is that, since computer languages are "theories" that also originate in "M" - the putative mind - then all computer languages are also filters (of an inner "unconscious" process, i.e. the machine itself).

There is a theory of computation which says all languages are cohomologies, which means a language has to be transformed from another language, and so imples a "fundamental" or "initial" state for all language. Then is language universal, since, we already imagine we might build a universal machine, which is the quantum and a priori is a fundamental, universal "language"?

😎

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IMAGE PROCESSING PROJECT This semester project requires that you implement and test an image filtering approach described in a given academic research conference paper. The implementation is supposed to be...
Friends,i am from india,doing Electronic and comunication engineering 2nd year in VRS college of Eng,Tamilnau, Let me come to the point,currently i am doing 4th semester,having LIC(linear Integrated Circuits) as...
Fishbowl Version: 1.0.1.195 File Size: 331 License: Free Fishbowl ....... Click to Download
Hi Is there a possibility of changing the Title messages that we get when we mouseover the minimised windows? I want to make my own userdefined popups making it applications...
Hi CEans! Here is my brief introduction Name: Shashank *Engineering Trade: Computer Location: Noida *Occupation: Working as a software developer *Hobbies & Interests: Singing,Listenig to music,Reading novels ,Learning new IT...