LABORATORY MODEL BIO-DIESEL PRODUCTION PLANT

Project Abstract / Summary : Bio-diesel refers to a vegetable oil or animal fat based diesel fuel consisting of long esters. bio diesel is typically made by chemically reacting lipids. for example: waste oil,vegetable oil,soybean oil,animal fat with an alcohol producing fatty acid esters.
bio_diesel is meant to be used in standard diesel engines and is thus distinct from the waste oil used to fuel converted diesel engines.
bio diesel can be used alone.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : it will be a benefit for everyone to have a source for production of alternative fuel for themselves as these days fuel crisis will be at maximum and after some years crude oil will get depleted, so this project can be helpful in the near future.

Project Highlights : With this model one can rely on themselves for there need of fuels as i have stated earlier, this can be a solution for the fuel crisis in the future.
this project is economical, as we will be using the waste oils that was used in either domestic or for commercial purpose and also helps in recycling of that oil. the byproduct is glycerin, is also useful product, so overall more benefit from less investment.

Project Category : Chemical / Metallurgy
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: alvas institute of engineering and technology
City: moodbidri
State: karnataka
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Designing and fabricating a kinematic linkage mechanism for opening and closing the windoww with five locking positions for various sash positions of window.Motive is should...
Suggest me topic for project in structural engineering for ME Structure..
Im doing my final year Mechanical engineering.I have planned to do a project on self balancing bicycle.Can you share your ideas for its fabrication much better.
Project Abstract / Summary : Unmanned aerial vehicle UAVs have gained much popularity in several military and civilian applications performing environmental monitoring agriculture and surveying applications have very specific constraints...
Project Abstract / Summary : An air handler or air handling unit (AHU), is a device used to regulate and circulate air as part of a heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning...