KYCEan Reloaded- KYCEan Deepak Gopalkrishnan

Hello CEans !
Make way for a fellow CEan who has always made you laugh with his creative humorous comic posts.A relentless contributor to the '#-Link-Snipped-#' section on the CE community. I have had an awesome time conversing with him.
Hope you will have a gala time reading 😀

1.Introduce yourself to CE.

Hey there! My name is Deepak. My nickname is Chuck. I’m a Mallu, so obviously I grew up in the Gulf. I work in advertising (after Chemical Engineering, no less!) and on the side, do a bit of drawing and writing. I love rock music and cycling. And for no reason at all, I collect water bottle wrappers.

2. Tell us something about yourself that many people do not know.

I won third place in a lemon-and-spoon race in 2nd standard. I still have the certificate, so don’t be suspicious!

3.If you were not doing '#-Link-Snipped-#section for CE, what other task on CE would you like to take up?

I’d like to stay rooted to humour (I just can’t be serious) – so perhaps funny gadget reviews or ‘Faking News’ type articles that have something to do with technology and gadgets.

4.It is quite probable that the person who makes all CEans laugh has his low days in life. So what do you do to keep yourself moving then or what motivates you?

My wife, music and my pet cats 😀

5.If your life was a movie, what would be its title?

Mission Possible (okay, that was cheesy. Sorry)

6.What do you really want to be or do in your life?

I love the space of digital advertising, where I work right now. I’d love to leave a mark here and be part of a few really cool campaigns. Apart from that, I’d love to keep drawing on the side, make people laugh. And well, I still have this little ambition of someday forming a band, better than what I had at college!

7."Sometimes on the way to a dream you get lost and find another better one ", has that ever happened with you?

I’d love to give a dramatic reply here and say that I found my life’s calling of astronauting while trying to become a molecular biologist, but unfortunately, no. My life’s been pretty linear 😁 I got into engineering by mistake and that’s when I realised I’d love to build a career in advertising.

8. Quicky Quick :
1. Alia Bhatt or Parineeti Chopra ? Why ?

I’d say neither (I’m not into Hindi movies) but after seeing the latter’s reply in a press conference, I’d choose her!

2.Comedy Nights with Kapil or Coffee with Karan ? Former, easily. Even though I hardly understand Hindi!

3. A CEAn you would like to spend an entire day with. I’m afraid I’m not too active on the forums, but @Bioramani seems like a fascinating chap – old guy who’s taken to technology like a semiconductor to a circuit board!

4. A movie you love the most: Back To The Future.

5. One stupid fantasy:

Unlimited supply of Tabasco Sauce.

6. One word for Rakhi Sawant:
Emigrate.

7. Your favorite Sport:
To watch – cricket, to play – cycling.

9.Narrate to us any funny incident from your college life:
At MICA, once we were asked to take any brand and changed its marketing strategy, for a presentation. Our group was lazy and did nothing – so we ended up defending the current strategy and why they don’t need to change. We got top marks by the prof who said we made a brave decision!

10. Give us one quality of yours that you love the most and makes you stand distinct in the crowd.
I don’t watch Game Of Thrones 😛

11.What is the first thing that you notice about a person when you meet him/her?
Brand of headphones.

12. What are your other interests?
Cycling, cricket trivia, adventure sport.

13. What would you prefer owning an MNC or the post of PM of India?
Too much headache in both cases – I’d abdicate both posts and just chill 😉

14. Which is the best novel you have read and what makes it the best?
I loved Jurassic Park. The science behind it is brilliant, and of course – it’s a fantastic thriller.

15.What really pisses you off?
Poor grammar.

16. If I paid you 1 crore for a year, what would you then choose your profession to be?
If I were paid one crore a year, I’d do whatever you wanted me to do. Clean the windows of the Empire State Building? Be Yo Yo Honey Singh’s chauffeur? Be a ‘before’ model for ‘before and after’ ads? Anything!

17. If you were granted only one wish that you could ask for someone else, what would you ask for and for whom?
I’d probably ask for a pair of Audeze LCD3 headphones ;-)

18.Your words for the fellow CEans.
This might be clichéd, but enjoy life. Don’t get too bogged down by ‘what you’re supposed to do or think’ and live life the way you like. And buy good earphones. Really.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It was an enjoyable read until answer to # 17!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great interview with a Good touch of humor !
    claps for both interviewer and the one who answers.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Whoa ! its the comedy king himself this time. no wonder the interview sounded a little hilarious.

My interview ended a long time ago. if then i were asked question no.15 in quicky quick, my reply would be: "1. harry potter, 2.justin beiber and 3. chetan bhagat.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Awesome interview.
    And a great day to post it too.

Happy birthday! #-Link-Snipped-#
    What's the plan tonight?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ahoy, really? Many Happy Returns Of The Day, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Happy birthday Sir.
    Enjoy this day with CE .
  • DivyaSep
    DivyaSep
    Nice

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lego Mindstorms EV3 is now available in India with a price tag of Rs. 36,499 on Flipkart. I've been waiting for the product to launch in India for a long...
hello.. i am vijay bhaskar. right now i am doing my B.tech III year in G.Pulla Reddy Engg. College
can anyone help me knowing how to write sop , i have to write 2 pages minimum , and i am confused as how to and what to write... SOP...
CrazyEngineers T-Shirts Unveiled! ​ ​ We're proud and excited to announce the official CrazyEngineers T-Shirts! As of now, the t-shirts are being packed and couriered to our office and the...
How do you type a mixed fraction, in ms excel, in such a way, that the computer recognizes its real value.