Kung Fu Panda- Reviews and Ratings

Its kung fu fighting! The latest animated movie from Dreamworks had the looks, the action, the humour, and even a decent plot.

The good:
- Superb voice acting: Jack Black portraying an funny, aloof yet likable Panda, Dustin Hoffman voicing the stern Master Shifu and Ian McShane being the evil and sinister Tai Lung.. you could really sense the "badness" just in his voice!
- Great 3D animation, with notable landscape backdrops and fighting sequences. The prison escape scene was incredible. Don't miss the beginning of the movie.. theres a very cool 2D dream sequence! I missed this, and only got to see it online πŸ˜” (EDIT: stay for the credits too!)
- Smart and sustained (if that makes sense) humour at the right places.. very few, if not none, lame jokes. You'll laugh from beginning to end, but the humour will not really be a distraction to the few serious undertones in the story.

The bad:
- Too short, perhaps (around 1 and half hours).
- Limited voice roles for Angelina Jolie and Jackie Chan (who has like two lines or something)
- It would have been nice to know the Furious Five more deeply. Perhaps its due to time constraints.

Hopefully there will be a sequel! 😁

[EDIT: Good news! Possible sequels are indeed in the plans if all goes well: #-Link-Snipped-#]

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *Adds in his personal list of - "Movies to watch before death".*

Btw, Ash - what kind of option is this "A total waste of time. Lets sue!" 😁 Boy! you're funny! 😁
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well the movie passes on great msg,very motivational....movie lenght is ok as lomg as animated movie goes....so who will challenge the dragon master,my take someone from the famous five
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hey I saw the movie yesterday! Boy its amazing!

My favoritest line from the movie -

β€œHe was so deadly in fact that his enemy would go blind for the over exposure to pure awesomeness” [​IMG]

😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone please tell me how we can compute the thumbnail of an aimage using matlab?? any relevant links shall also be highly useful. thx in advance...
Solve this - if you can : https://www.drunkmenworkhere.org/170
I need answer for the folllowing questions relevant to printed circuit board technology. What is the exact difference between resistance and impedance? If impedance mean for the restriction of AC...
This is one of the Crazy Ideas we discussed during CE Meet 😁 Following is the picture of 6 CEans who attended the First Ever CE Meet (Read the detailes...
Hi! I want to know that is there any way to keep a systematic documentation of credit holders of the company? As being a senior financer I would like to...