Know Your CEan - slashfear aka Arvind

CrazyEngineers came up with an one more Awesome Interview of our CE – Aces. He is CEan - slashfear, a Crazy Computer Science Engineer joined very older and became active these days. He has contributed about 290+ valuable posts to CE. slashfear aka Arvind, working for One of the Best Companies and is passionate about Programming, Magic. We are Very Glad to present his words here… 😀

Pallavi : Hi Arvind, you are a Crazy Computer Science engineer, tell us more about yourself.
Arvind :
Hi Pallavi, thanks in the first place for taking your time to prepare these questions. I am a crazy computer science engineer as you guys already know and I have graduated as BTECH in the field of computer science from the DR. M.G.R engineering and research institute located in Chennai, I also hold GNIIT certification from NIIT. I love programming, magic, exploring underground hacking and I am a freelance writer too.

Pallavi : How did you get introduced to CrazyEngineers (CE)?

Arvind :
I got into CE through my best buddy Google , when I was searching for some programming contest and landed up here and found CE interesting and awesome place for engineers and decided to stick myself here and be a part of a huge engineering community.

Pallavi : Why did you take up this particular engineering trade? What do you like the most about it?

Arvind :
I was always attracted to computers, Its such and awesome creation by man till date according to me. I was first exposed to computers when I was in 8th class and I still remember that moment when I first touched the computer keyboard and started to type my name by searching the character to spell my name and it was awesome experience I had and from that day, till date I am addicted to computers and will stay addicted.

Pallavi : What is the biggest achievement in your life so far?

Arvind :
I do a lot of crazy experiments in my free time in relation with programming, so the work which I feel is the best in programming is that I designed a hacking game which has a GUI using perl which allows the users to learn the basic idea on how real hacking works, so I create an OS kind of environment which allows you to type in the commands (which was designed by me) does the appropriate work what the game user wants! I also tried to give the users some hacking tools (not real, but fake ones designed by me) and also had an FBI trace level which will increase if you take a suspicious or wrong step in the game which makes the game little more interesting 😀 the motto is to complete the objective (TASK LIST) with out being caught by FBI which would be given for the user when the game starts, till now I have 3 levels completed and working.
The reason why I feel this experiment as an achievement is because when one of my friend was playing the game he thought that he is really hacking a bank server and also got afraid and closed the game thinking that he would be in trouble and never played it again 😁 That feel what he got is what made me so proud and happy!! The best part is I did the entire logic and coding myself, no copying or google search.

Pallavi : Who are your idols or inspirations and Why?

Arvind :
My inspiration will always be MY DAD he is so cool and awesome even though he cannot stay with out scolding me everyday (that's what parents are for right?), the reason is because he is so good in english and read a lot (I always admire his knowledge in english, PHD holder in english 😔 ) which encouraged me to learn a lot, write articles and poems.

Pallavi : What is your aim/goal? How are you preparing yourself to achieve it?

Arvind :
There is a purpose and responsibility for everyone in this world, my aim/goal is to find my purpose in this world!! I basically do meditation so using it to achieve my goal hope fully ( am I talking like a saint? ok let me stop here 😀 )

Pallavi : Seems you have a sound knowledge in scripting and programming languages. Can you tell us some projects which you have done on your own interest?
Arvind : Yep I always do assign myself some projects (every day) which pops in my mind when I am ideal, I mostly use PERL and PYTHON to do my projects or experiments. I have already explained you guys about one of my work above but would like to share another one.. This one is in SYBASE, In perl there is a predefined function called split (for people who don’t know perl, its similar to split function in PHP) which basically takes a delimited string and converts the strings to an array based on the delimiter you specified. When I was totally jobless and was just working with SYBASE I found that there is no similar function like split in SYBASE, So I decided to sit down and write one my own!! It resulted in me, creating a stored procedure which takes an input as delimited string and splits them and displays the splitted values separately which worked flawlessly after an 1 hour effort.

Pallavi : You worked as a "System Analyst" for an U.S based company. Good to know that you got placed in Polaris recently. Share your experience with us.

Arvind :
Yes I was a System Analyst for about 2 yrs and since it was an U.S based we have to work in nights, which lead me not to live a normal life.. I decided that I need a change So I was on job hunt for the past 1 week and got this Polaris interview opportunity in the first place so gave it a shot... and I got the job now I am a "Associate Consultant" for SYBASE and UNIX in Polaris, Mumbai. The First round was Technical where I was tested on my technical knowledge which lasted for 45 mins and then I had an Interview with the project manager and vice president, then final round was general HR (last two rounds happened through skype), all went well and finally got the offer. I am so excited to work in Polaris and in Mumbai (gonna reallocate for the first time in my life from Chennai)

Pallavi : What's your favorite pass time?

Arvind :
Listening Music mostly hard rock (I am a die hard fan of LINKIN PARK), Practicing Magic, writing article or poems (in English) and love to watch cartoons

Pallavi : You like to play guitar and you sing rap songs too. Have you composed any music?

Arvind :
Yeah I know to play guitar but still in beginner level 😔 So I have not composed any songs and as far as rapping goes yes I do rap and sung the rap part of "LINKIN PARK's" song "IN THE END" in my college culturals (I love Mike shinoda from that band he is so awesome) with my friend.

Pallavi : It is interesting to know that you are a magician and you love magic. What fascinated you towards magic?

Arvind :
My inspiration to magic is DAVID BLAINE (AMERICAN STREET MAGICIAN). When I first saw his performance in AXN street magic series which was done by David, He really blowed me away and for weeks I was thinking how the hell he did it? and was surprised that I was thinking about it for a week, forgot about everything happening around me and realized the impact of MAGIC. I use this art only to entertain people so that they can forget them self in the puzzle which comes in front of them in the form of magic I perform. Which makes them think "how I did it?" which will keep there mind busy and forget about there worries at least for a short duration of time. So thanks to my realization and David who lead me into the world of magic...

Pallavi : Looks like you are very interested in "HACKING". What inspired you to learn hacking?

Arvind :
Let me be honest, Less pocket money when I was in school and FUN are the one which lead me to hacking, so when I was in my 10th class I hacked into a game portal to win cash and was successful (Am I doing a confession here!! but anyway shhh.... ) and later on I was doing website hacking for a while until one fine day I was just messing with a company's website (I don’t want to tell the name of the company) and crashed it and after a week I saw in the news paper that there was a huge loss (Big money) for the company because of the crash and realized that what I was doing is wrong (very late realization). So decided not to hack anymore and nowadays I am just exploring and learning about underground hacking methods but not implementing them live though I do implement it in the environment created by myself to play with. Now I wanna become a white hat hacker and hack the hackers.

Pallavi : Justify your signature, "Hacking isn't spreading viruses or causing damage to other computer systems. It is using your knowledge to increase your knowledge". Yes, you are true, but partly! Good people like you won't misuse it But what if the know how goes into bad hands?

Arvind :
A person who sounds good in that particular technology in which the application was designed is the one who can hack into that application. So you use the knowledge you have, in order to find some security holes in the application which will make you learn a lot more new stuff. Yep, if it goes in bad hands of course it is going to turn to a disaster for sure.

Pallavi : I've heard from reliable sources that you are an adventure lover. What all adventure packed activities are you interested in?

Arvind :
Yep of course I love adventures, I like trekking and I have gone trekking couple of times. I love to ride my bike (I am a selfish rider at times) and always wanted to go for a long ride (May be I will ride my bike to Mumbai, I cannot stay without my bike).

Pallavi : What changes you found in yourself before and after joining CE?

Arvind :
Before I joined CE I had less friendly and helping people around me (which I badly required) but after joining CE I have got a whole lot of friendly and helping people.

Pallavi : If you were given a chance to take a role in CE, what would you like to have and What would you do
for CE?
Arvind :
I would like to be the MOD so that I can keep the place clean and also be a contributor and help the fellow CEans .

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The CE Quickies aka Rapid Fire:

1. Who are the Intelligent CEans according to you?

Arvind :
    Tricky question...... everyone is intelligent as they are CEans 😀

2. Whats the History behind your Username Slashfear?

Arvind :
    slashfear means devil (I created the word though) I wanted an unique name so I came up with this name (every where on web I use this name) ok now for explanation: holly cross is referred as slash in some parts of the world and the one who fears a holly cross is devil.

3. If you are granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?

Arvind : Mac laptop, hayabusa bike and unlimited wishes

4. If you were not an engineer, you would be?

Arvind :
    Magician (As I started magic when I was in 10th class)

5. Your biggest blooper till date is?

Arvind :
    I am really bad in Tamil I know to speak but reading and writing is so horrible, so in school each and every time when I get my answer sheet its a huge blooper because I will fill the answer sheet in blue ink but when I get it back it will all be filled in red ink (I am not joking literally every word will have a correction) and class mates make fun of it so badly (But I some how cleared my final exam 😀 ).

6. A moment you can never forget.

Arvind :
    When I got my dream bike, I always wanted to ride the Yamaha R15 and now I have it 😁 so its really an unforgettable moment in my life.

7.What do you like the most about yourself?

Arvind :
    belief in myself and helping nature

8. Do you have a Girl Friend? Yes or No?

Arvind :
    Yes

9. 5 years from now, you will …

Arvind :
    I will be the same (but grown a little bit....just kidding I meant character wise i will be the same). No one can predict future so I don’t want to take my life to my desire but want to go in the way my life takes me ....

10. If you were a politician, what will your 5 year plan look like?

Arvind :
    I hate politics.... so pass

11. Suppose you got 1 crore in lottery, how would you like to spend?

Arvind :
    Give half of the money to my mom and dad and rest to any orphanage

12. What do you want to say about CE?

Arvind :
    CE is an awesome place to learn , meet, chat and share your thoughts with all the engineers across the world.

CE wishes you All the Very Best Arvind 😀 Hope you have a Successful life ahead. Proud to have you on CE!
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Arvind : Nice answers 😀

@sahithi: You are rocking with your questions again 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ahoy! 😀 Very nice KYCEan! I'm actually impressed by the quality of KYCEan Interviews we have on CE! Great job, Pallavi!

@SlashFear: It's a great opportunity for all of us to know about you. Thank you for detailed answers and those too in interesting way 😀 . I look forward to meeting you at a CE Meet.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    That was an awesome interview!!😀
    Great job Sahitti and nice answers Slashfear!!!! 😛
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Brother slashfear!
    Love you a lot.
    Hayabusa fan, Biker, Rapper, Guitar.. Lets meet up one day!
    U said u want a mac and a hayabusa, y cant u just have a hayabusa integrated with a Mac?
    Wish for more.
    Imagination at work!
    AJ.
    PS- I would really love to be a friend of yours.
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @praveena: thank you buddy 😀

@maria: Thank you buddy 😀

@Big_K: for sure pal we will meet buddy 😁 and thank you 😀

@aj_onduty: dude we are already friends man stay in touch I guess you have my mail id with you already dont worry we will meet for sure one day!! 😁
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    You're a fan of David Blaine ( the one who take out his heart). What can you say about the magic by Cyril and Criss Angel???
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @maria: cyril is also awesome but i like david a lot since he is so simple and his effects are so small and amazing more over he puts him self in challenges which is quit impressive like the vertigo etc... which is so amazing and for criss I hate him because he makes people believe that he has supernatural powers but the fact is MAGIC is a ART so I don't like his act at all.....
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @maria: Its good to know that you like magic 😛 and names of magician too
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    slashfear means devil
    I thought it may be / fear 😁

@AJ:-
    SF is coming to Mumbai you have a chance to meet him. 😁
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Have you seen the video that David Blaine take out his heart???what can you say about that????
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    What an interview Pallavi! 😀 Awesome work here. 👍

@slashfear: Great to know about you. We have a first ever magician CE (from what I recall) I only have my id related to magic: AbraKaDabra. I have tried some simple tricks of magic like with playing cards and vanishing a matchstick with handkerchief.
    I would like to know more about your magic tricks.. 😒
    One more thing, all the tutorials that you have written on CE are awesome! They are simple and easy to understand. Thank you so much for putting in the efforts. And keep writing more.
    Like everyone else, I would also like to meet you on a CE-meet.

PS: Macs are super-cool, I hope you get your own very soon! 😀
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    nice interview 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Superb answers Arvind 😀 I am very glad to interview you!

Thanks Biggie, Akd, Pravee and Everyone here... Stay Tuned to know more about our CEans 😀
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    Awesome interview Slashfear and Sahithi!😁😀
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @godfather: yeap I am going to be in mumbai next month 😁 is aj in mumbai too....
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Arvind: Its time to ask some personal question. Whats say??
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @maria: yeah I have seen it buddy (in fact I have seen all his works 😉 ) David actually did that trick of taking his heart out in an interview!! I do accept that it was way toooooo supernatural and unbelievable 😉 but I still like him a lot buddy since he a good performer and an awesome entertainer 😀
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @praveena: yeap sure....
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    slashfear
    @maria: yeah I have seen it buddy (in fact I have seen all his works 😉 ) David actually did that trick of taking his heart out in an interview!! I do accept that it was way toooooo supernatural and unbelievable 😉 but I still like him a lot buddy since he a good performer and an awesome entertainer 😀
    Okay. You're really his die hard fan. 😀
    Are you also watching "The Magic Revealed" ????
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @abrakadabra: thank you so much for your feedback on my tutorials 😁 and its really great to know that you have did some magic tricks awesome 😉 I actually prefer close up magic and feel that it makes a good impact on the people rather than stage shows, I perform a lot of sleight of hands and flourishes (card magics) and I have created a magic of my own (only one till date 😔 no time at all, it is hard to work on both magic and programming at once 😔 ) I have named it half reveled 😀

For sure we sill meet buddy 😁

P.S: I like you ID in CE its nice Abrakadabra
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @maria: yeah I am a die hard fan of david 😉 are you referring to the MASKED MAGICIAN yeah I have the shows in my hard disk too 😀
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @narayan: thanks buddy 😀

@varsha: thank you pal 😀

@sahithi: thank you buddy 😀 and by the way good questions 😉 (I guess I got your name spelled right this time 😁)
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    slashfear
    @maria: yeah I am a die hard fan of david 😉 are you referring to the MASKED MAGICIAN yeah I have the shows in my hard disk too 😀
    I really love the masked magician especially when he revealed some magics done by Criss like walking in the water and on the motorbike. 😀
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @maria: yeah he was awesome he revealed all the best and classical stage magic effects (lucky for me I do only close up effects 😉 ) and the reason why he revealed the stage effects alone is because those effects needs huge props which cannot be found that easily and normal people can just know how it is done but not perform it 😁
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Nice to know about you Arvind! 😀

All the questions were very nicley answered! 😁

Adventures I love them too! 😁
    And Yamaha R15 eh! Cool! 😎

All the best with your future! 👍

PS: Great Job Pallavi! Cheers for you too! 😉
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @nion: Thanks buddy 😁
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Arvind :Why dont you invite your brother to CE??
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Great to know about you Arvind Bhai. Best of luck for your life ahead. 😀 I was actually a nice interview Sahithi ji 😀

Yeah Arvind Bhai it would be great to see your brother at CE. Is he CS engineer too?
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @praveena and @ishutopre : Yeah I would also like him to join CE but he is not an Internet guy he is an Aeronautical engineer and working as AME in jet airways so he wont get time but I will try asking him to join CE for sure 😁
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Aravind nice one man!

And its nice to know more about you 😀
    @SP: Official CE Editor, you rock.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Nice to know you Arvind!!
    And great questions, Sahithi!!

Maybe you can give some tutorials on magic here in CE! 😛
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thanks ishu and SS 😀

English-Scared
    @SP: Official CE Editor, you rock.
    Ushh...Akd is here 😉
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    sahithi pallavi
    Thanks ishu and SS 😀

Ushh...Akd is here 😉
    LOL. 😀 You are awesome Sahithi.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    superb answers Arvind 😀
    @sahithi : Great job !!! keep rocking
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    @English-Scared: Thanks buddy 😀

@silverscorpion: Thank you...... 😀

@cooldudeiet: Thanks buddy 😀
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Aravind!!! Wow... Nice to know about you!!! 😀
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Wow! You sound just like me: Inspired by Dad, English Poetry, Aim to find purpose in life and Addicted to PC!!! Nice to know you Arvind!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a Lecture on Refrigeration and Airconditioning by Prof.M.Ramgopal from the Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kharagpur. Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical engineers, share your ideas, ask questions...
Here is a Lecture on Refrigeration and Airconditioning by Prof.M.Ramgopal from the Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kharagpur. Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical engineers, share your ideas, ask questions...
I am doing the internship in the company providing custom manufacturing (lazer, AWJ, Plasma, Oxy cutting, bending, welding) service. Production type - single products, or small batch production. actually the...
Dr.S.Arun Kumar, Department of Computer Science and Engineering ,IIT Delhi explained the concept of Data in Principles of Programming Languages. Feel free to ask your questions and contribute your ideas...
Hey all. I found this article intresting and really useful. I thought of sharing it with you. I am posting the link below. Do check it out ! India Graduates...