Know Your CEan-Shubhankar Deshkar

Hello CEans we are back once again with our KYCEan series and this time presenting the one of the very active CEans a CE Maniac and a VoiCE author,his areas of interest are Electrical Machines & Power Station Practice. He is an active participant in CEΓ’€™s Electrical & Electronics Engineering Section,he is none other than #-Link-Snipped-#

Read the following interview to know more about him.

Cooldudeiet : Hi shubhankar, you are a Crazy Electrical Engineer, tell us more about yourself.
Shubhankar :
I have appeared for the third year exams and willing to do my PG in energy management systems because it is the need of the hour. I love to meet new people.

Cooldudeiet : How did you get introduced to CrazyEngineers (CE)?
Shubhankar : I met The Big K at the silver jubilee function of our college last year and this is how i came to know about CE.

Cooldudeiet : Why did you take up this particular engineering trade? What do you like the most about it?
Shubhankar : Electric machines have always been fascinating to me right from when i could understand them. Even in childhood, i used to play and experiment with the small dc motor driven by a pencil cell. The Vastness and the gigantic nature of this field (huge towers, plants, transformers) is the thing I like the most.

Cooldudeiet :
What is the biggest achievement in your life so far?
Shubhankar : Amongst a team of 26 people out of 40 who managed to reach the pinnacle of the Hamtah pass, i was the first member to reach there and i still cherish those spine chilling memories. πŸ˜€

Cooldudeiet : Who are your idols or inspirations and Why?

Shubhankar : Our Guru Maharaj is my idol, my source of inspiration as he has been the guiding force in my life. Though not completely, i have been learning the correct way to deal with the people. Benevolence is another important thing which i have learnt in the process.

Cooldudeiet : What's your favorite pass time?
Shubhankar :
I love to read inspirational and leadership quotes. But they are not restrained to mere reading. I try to follow them in my life. moreover I like to hear songs and play tabla.
Cooldudeiet : What is your aim/goal? How you are preparing yourself to achieve it?
Shubhankar :
I won't say that i do not want money. Yes i want money to help the poor and the needy. I want to be the richest person only because I want to be a charitable person and a philanthropist. I want to help the underprivileged children so that they get educated and become the bright future of our country so that India becomes a superpower in near future. I worked with Zero Gravity which is a Shrikant Jichkar foundation for some time. They help the children in the orphanages.Though the time i spent was not substantial, I could get the Crux of the process.

Cooldudeiet : What is your plan to start a Business related to
electrical consultancies and contractorship? Can you let us know something about it?
Shubhankar :
The business is established. I wish not to just continue the legacy, but to extend the horizons of the company. I want to open branches in different cities. Electrical contractorship is the process in which you get the contract from a Mall or a Township Or row houses or anything for that matter. then you deploy your men to work on the building plan for complete electrical wiring of the structure. Consultancy is doing an energy audit of the sight and just giving the wiring layout and plans to the people. they get it executed from elsewhere.

Cooldudeiet : As we got to know that you want to help the village people,which type of Strategy do you have in mind and to achieve this?
Shubhankar : I will approaching the NGO's. There are various Self help groups (SHG) in the villages which are trained by the NGOs which in turn educate the people. I will try my level best to provide resources to the NGOs as direct help by going to the grass root level at each and every village is impracticable.

Cooldudeiet : Share your Himalayan tracking experience with CEans ? How you enjoyed there and difficulties you faced?
Shubhankar : It was one hell of an experience. I could feel the purity, simplicity and power of nature in the Himalayas. It was great that we learnt how team work is important in day to day life. Basically, you learn to move out of your comfort zones and stretch your limits. I had an acute stomach ache for two days during the trek. But i was not given any medicine and i was left to myself to bear the pain. i trekked for two days with that stomach pain and the third day it was all gone. only then i realised that i have the power to bear so much pain and move on. The one thing i learnt from the mountains is that you have to be humble. You can't climb a mountain with your spine straight. You have to stoop forward lean down to respect his greatness and only them you can climb (or succeed in life)

Cooldudeiet : You are involved in so much Extracurricular activities? what are those and how you manage your time?
Shubhankar :
I love to sing and i have been singing in the college orchestra. I love playing tabla in my spare time. I am also the Music Coordinator of the college and a member of the Students' representative council. I have also won paper presentation competitions. I believe every moment is meant for learning. may it be mild or rigorous. one should keep learning till the end of the life. So try to optimally utilize my time in the best possible way and that does the trick. If you have your priorities set, you are bound to waste less time.

Cooldudeiet : What changes you found in yourself before and after joining CE?
Shubhankar :
There is a drastic improvement in my Vocab and my general knowledge also. I thank CE for giving such a great platform to the budding engineers.

Cooldudeiet : If you were given a chance to take a role in CE, what would you like to have and What would you do for CE?
Shubhankar :
I would like to and i am an author for CE for the voiCE section and I would like to continue with that and I would do everything possible to Make CE the number 1 engineering website over the globe.

The CE Quickies aka Rapid Fire:

1. Who are the best CEans according to you?
Shubhankar :
The Big k, kida kaka.

2. If you are granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
Shubhankar :
Peace for the people of the world, Health, removal of poverty.

3. If you were not an engineer, you would be?

Shubhankar : Leading a peaceful life πŸ˜›

4. Your biggest blooper till date is?

Shubhankar : caught red handed while trying to thread my eyebrows with a scissor by imitating a cartoon character πŸ˜›

5. A moment you can never forget.

Shubhankar :.moment when i made it to the top of the hamtah pass in the chilly snow.

6.What do you like the most about yourself?

Shubhankar : Hardworking quality.

7. 5 years from now, you will Γ’€Β¦

Shubhankar : be taking the responsibilities on my shoulder and relieve my dad from the strenuous work.

8. If you were a politician, what will your 5 year plan look like?

Shubhankar : like that of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalaams.

9. Do You have girlfriend ? Say YES or NO.

Shubhankar : NO

10: From which village you are going to start your journey for good initiative?
Shubhankar : not any in specific. as i have mentioned above.

11. What do you want to say about CE?
Shubhankar :
CE rocks!! and i am PROUD to be a CEan.

We wish you all the very best for your future ,keep going like this 😁

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Nice answers πŸ˜€ Great to know about you!!

Good questions guru πŸ˜€

Specially I liked your answer for himalayan tracking experience πŸ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Good to know about you, Subhankar πŸ˜€
    Really a very nice interview, Subhankar and CD πŸ˜€
    And Great Work CD!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Nice interview Shubhankar and CD. πŸ˜€

A cool Himalayan adventure I must say. πŸ˜€
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Good to know about you shubhankar. πŸ˜€
    Nice answers!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I believe every moment is meant for learning. may it be mild or rigorous. one should keep learning till the end of the life. So try to optimally utilize my time in the best possible way and that does the trick. If you have your priorities set, you are bound to waste less time.
    Awesomely said. πŸ‘

It was one hell of an experience. I could feel the purity, simplicity and power of nature in the Himalayas. It was great that we learnt how team work is important in day to day life. Basically, you learn to move out of your comfort zones and stretch your limits. I had an acute stomach ache for two days during the trek. But i was not given any medicine and i was left to myself to bear the pain. i trekked for two days with that stomach pain and the third day it was all gone. only then i realised that i have the power to bear so much pain and move on. The one thing i learnt from the mountains is that you have to be humble. You can't climb a mountain with your spine straight. You have to stoop forward lean down to respect his greatness and only them you can climb (or succeed in life)
    I have an almost similar experience. The great Himalaya is so magnanimous that you have to bow down before it's purest form of beauty and enormous power. Trekking is a must-have experience :bighug:

caught red handed while trying to thread my eyebrows with a scissor by imitating a cartoon character πŸ˜›
    😁 no words! 😁
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    That's a nice interview ShubhankarπŸ˜€
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Good to know about you ShubhankarπŸ˜€
    Nice interview Shubhankar and CDπŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Cooldudeiet : Why did you take up this particular engineering trade? What do you like the most about it?
    Shubhankar : Electric machines have always been fascinating to me right from when i could understand them. Even in childhood, i used to play and experiment with the small dc motor driven by a pencil cell. The Vastness and the gigantic nature of this field (huge towers, plants, transformers) is the thing I like the most.
    I loved that answer πŸ˜€ Electrical engineers rock πŸ˜‰
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    nice interview guys
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Nice work CD and nice answers Shubhankar it was really nice to read more about you.

One more Question from my side:-

1) As a VOICE author any tips to the CEans who wants to start writing for VOICE?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    nice interview CD πŸ‘

cool answers subhankar! :clap: good to know you πŸ˜€
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    godfather
    1) As a VOICE author any tips to the CEans who wants to start writing for VOICE?
    ya same question from my side πŸ˜€
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    thank you all for the support, wishes and the appreciation. πŸ˜€
    as far as tips are concerned, i have not mastered the art yet. but i try to follow four simple basic rules
    1. try to collect the data from as many sources as possible as no single site has a complete data.
    2. read the complete information and put it in my own words(no copy paste)
    3. give my frank opinion on the topic chosen.
    4. KISS: Keep It Simple, Straight πŸ˜›

thanks to BIGGIE and AKD. It is because of their patience (tolerating our mistakes that too placidly πŸ˜›) that we have been able to write a technically correct voiCE post
    CE rocks!!! and CEans DOUBLE rock!!!!
    😁😁:bighug:
    thank you CEans!!
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    Thank you CD and pallavi for the interview. Feels good when people want to know about you!! πŸ˜€
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Cool Interview man!!! 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

For every 7 consecutive days you sign-in to the Yahoo! homepage (Yahoo.com), Yahoo! Mail, or Yahoo! Mobile Yahoo’ll give you one entry to win a year of premium coffee. The...
The BarMax CA and NY app works on both the iPhone and iPad, allowing law students to study for bar exams. The app includes videos that were co developed with...
WindowTabs is a tool for Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) that provides tabbed window management for your desktop applications. More interestingly, it runs in...
Designer and Creative Technologist Dong Yoon Park has created an app called The TypeClock app. It features four different types of design, the ability to assign characters displayed, change type...
Could anybody tell us about what is the minimum percentile required for getting admission in IIT through GATE?