Know your CEan - Nion

Hei Hei Hei…Here is one more fabulous KYCEan for you. This is gonna be a blast because quite a lot of our CEans in fact most of our CEans don’t know more about #-Link-Snipped-# who is one of our CE- Aces; contributed about 270+ valuable posts to CE. And even some of our CEans don’t know whether Nion is He or She 😉 Hence I tried more a bit to reveal most of the things about Nion 😀. CEan- Nion aka Nima Ambhurkar is a Computer Science Engineering Student and a very creative person. She loves drawing, painting, photography. I am very very glad to present her words here...

Pallavi : Hi Nima, you are a Crazy Computer Science engineer, tell us more about yourself.
Nima :
Hello all! I am Nima, currently in my third year of Engineering and I love the world of Smilies. 😀 I am a feline lover too(especially cats, but not the fat furry ones). Although many people dislike them, I love them anyway. I have two best friends and I am the way I am partly because of them. I cannot thank God enough to have them in my life.

Pallavi : How did you get introduced to CrazyEngineers (CE)?
Nima : AKD introduced me to the awesome world of CE.

Pallavi : Why did you take up this particular engineering trade? What do you like the most about it?
Nima : Engineering happened to be by chance but I am not regretting doing it. Since the time we had a computer at our house, it slowly took my interest and I was astounded with this simple yet complicated machine. Yet, after joining CE I feel that it’d have not been bad had I taken up Civil as my trade. I am really impressed by the wonderful creations the civil engineers come up with. And after when Civil Princess stared to publish posts on VoiCE, the more I felt it so. CP you are really doing a wonderful job! 👍

Pallavi : What is your favorite pass time?
Nima :
Well, there are many things that I prefer doing in my free time. Since my interest lies in photography, I take random pictures every now and then. When I roll back, hardly one or two out of ten is worth though. I also draw and paint stuff. I often do it in my free time. Other than that, I read novels (preferably fiction). I also love dancing to some good beats and I love it when I dance. I dance often when I think I am gaining weight because I eat a lot since I am a foodie 😛 and I am too lazy to exercise. Tattooing is my new found interest.

Pallavi : Who are your idols or inspirations?
Nima :
I get inspired by the common people whom I see in my day-to-day life. There’s a bit to learn from everybody around you. My Father, Biggie(indirectly), and my two best friends have always been my greatest inspirations. I respect them a lot.

Pallavi : Came to know that you are a very creative person! Let us know about your Creativity.
Nima :
Creativity differs from person to person. In my case, creativity is inclined to the artistic side of me. Imagining things, visualizing them and then making them into reality all by your own thoughts is what I term as creativity. Imagining things and day-dreaming are the things which I do a lot, especially during exam times and yes I come up with most of the creative and good ideas at that time itself! 😛

Pallavi : Do you think that engineering in India covers the creative aspect of an individual?
Nima :
I cannot say about the entire nation but form where I’m studying, it definitely doesn’t cover any creative aspect of an individual. All we are told and required to do is mug up the entire syllabus prescribed for that semester. Very few of them actually read and understand the basics. But that doesn’t cover the creative aspect of an individual. Only during the projects, the creativity of a student can shine.

Pallavi : Are you so calm? Why very less number of CEans knows about you?
Nima :
You cannot say calm but I do prefer keeping a low profile everywhere(sometimes it doesn’t happen as I plan though, due to certain reasons). I am very talkative with people who know me. About very less number of CEans knowing me, how am I supposed to answer that question? 😛 They know better for themselves. But still, I think it is that way because I never signed in to the chat box on CE when it was present except for on CE day. Also, I rarely reply to “The looong thread.” May be that’s the reason.

Pallavi : What made you to follow Numerology?
Nima :
One of my two best friends is very specific about Numerology and Astrology. I don’t remember when but I inadvertently started following it!

Pallavi : Why you are away from social networking sites like facebook and twitter?
Nima :
I could see that question coming! 😛 Social networking sites according to me are a waste of time for me. I cannot learn anything from it. As far as the “it-helps-maintain-your-friends” matter is concerned, I don’t need a social networking site to be in contact with my friends who really matter to me. It can be done so even without it.

Sometimes I think of creating an account but, I really don’t see any point in doing that and I have no intention of wasting my time more than I already do. I’d rather do and learn something else from the internet.
People raise their brows when they learn that I do not have an account on the world’s most happening social networking sites. The moment seems as if I am an outcast there, but then in the end I know better what people do there. I am not talking about all people out there, but most of them.
And twitter, umm.. I’m planning to create an account on twitter sometime in the future. Although I cannot guarantee about being loyal to it, but I can always try! 😒

Pallavi : What made you to Blog?
Nima :
English has been my favorite subject from the school days. At home, I always scribble whatever comes to my mind. My best friend then introduced me to the world of blogging and I loved it. After exploring this world, I get to see the world from other people’s perspective. There is also a lot to learn from blogging. The way people write, their self composed poems, phrases, etc are fun to read. I love this world and I’d rather be reading blogs than spending time on facebook or other social networking sites.
Also, once I have a favorable count of *really good* photos, I’m thinking of starting a photo blog! 😁

Pallavi : Tell us the History behind your Usernames 'Nion'(in CE) and 'Enigma'(in Blogger)
Nima :
*Lol* When I started blogging, I needed an alias for me. The word ‘Enigma’ enticed me and its meaning suited not-very perfectly, but it did suit to some extent to the condition that I wanted to be in back then. Also the word has my real name in it (eNIgMA), hence the username.

And as for CE, the username ‘Enigma’ was already taken up! 😔 I couldn’t come up with any other name. I wanted a name starting with the letter ‘N’ and with some good meaning, but I couldn’t find any. So I instead went for some random name with no specified meaning. It was/is just another alias.

Pallavi : Tell us any 3 things that annoy you the most?
Nima :
Well, there are *many* things that annoy me.

1. Use of SMS lingo everywhere.
2. People (Indians rather) spitting anywhere they can without any consideration about their surroundings. 😡
3. Devotional songs being played on loudspeakers with the music of some Hindi film song every time there is some Bhagwan(GOD) jayanti(anniversary).
And many more . . .

Pallavi : What is the biggest achievement in your life so far?
Nima :
The moment now! 😉

Pallavi : What changes you found in yourself before and after joining CE?
Nima : I have never been a very technical person. Am not one either now. But knowing and joining CE has explored me to many new things that I’d not have known otherwise. I get to learn a lot form CE.

Pallavi : If you are given a chance to take a role in
CE, what would you like to have and What would you do for CE?
Nima :
I’d like to be a CE-ambassador. I’d like to spread a word about CE and how it can be of help to the budding engineers

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The CE Quickies aka Rapid Fire:

1. Who are the best
    CEans according to you?
    Nima :
    Biggie, Ash, Raj, AKD, Optimystix, Durga, Gohm and all other CEans who helped CE for being what it is today.

2. If you are granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
    Nima
    : umm.. I’d ask for
    1) to grant me magical powers
    2) to make India a better place
    3) 100 more wishes! 😛

3. If you were not an engineer, you would be?
    Nima :
    A photographer or an artist.

4. Your biggest blooper till date is?
    Nima :
    The list is too long. I have been in many such incidences where I wished I could just disappear into thin air. :razz:

5. A moment you can never forget.
    Nima :
    Unforgettable moments make your life. I have had many moments happy as well as sad which I can never forget and I cherish those memories dearly.

6. What you like most about yourself?
    Nima :
    I like it that the choices I make are most of the times favorable to the situations/condition. And I feel happy to be whatand how I am.Improvements are and will always be there. But I like that I am ‘me’ no matter what!

7. Five years from now, you will …
    Nima :
    Hopefully be a great CEan living the life of my dreams!

8. If you were a politician, what will your 5 year plan look like?
    Nima :
    Pass!

9. Define your ideal date in one word.

Nima :
    Ban Midou 😛 (For getting a hold of the answer you’ll have to see Get Backers! 😁)

10. Define yourself in one word.

Nima :
    ENIGMA 😛

11. Given a chance to award these titles to fellow
    CEans, whom will you award what?
    The Smartest--------
    Biggie
    Techno geek------PraveenScience
    The Guru-------
    Ash, Opti
    The most wanted-------
    YOU(Pallavi), Praveena
    The Most Talented -------
    AKD
    The Most Matured --------
    Durga
    The Most Creative--------
    Maria
    The Most Active -------
    Godfather, NM, Ishu

12. What do you want to say about
    CE?
    Nima :
    CE is a place where engineers can always learn many new things, not only about Engineering but about different issues. CE has like minded and friendly people. I am sure CE has changed manylives(of course in a positive way) and it will continue to do so in the future. All the very best to CE and its members. 😀 I really appreciate the Admin for making such a wonderful site in spite of the obstacles and standing firm to his decision. 👍

PS: I’d really like to see the old CEans getting back active in the forums! 😁 They did a great job when CE was at its initial stages. With them back and the current members, CE will surely reach great heights! Good Luck!

We are very very glad to interview you Nima. CE wishing you All the Very Best to your Future. We are Proud to have you on CE 😀

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Very good interview Pallavi and thanks Nion for replying.

I was regular reader of your blog but i don't know that you are also on CE. 😛
    You have used the word "My best two friends" don't you think you have to give them some credit by posting their name? 😉 I think one of them is AKD. 😐

Thanks for considering me as a Active Cean. 😉

eNIgMA wow !! 😒

Good Job Pallavi and Nima aka Nion aka Enigma. 😀
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Good to know about you Nion 😀
    @sahithi 😀 No words to say ,you Rocks!!
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    That was an awesome interview!!!😀
    Great job Sahithi and good answers Nion😀 CE rocks!!!!
    Just want to ask you Nion, why me in The Most Creative???😉
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Good Interview Sahithi.

@Nion Nice to know about you.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Wow!!! Awesome!!! 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Its Simply Superb and a Wordless Interview I should say 😀 Superb and Intelligent Answers Nima 😀
    We demand Explanation or Justification whatever for the 11th question in Rapid Fires 😁
    Thanks to Everyone Over here 😀
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    nice to know about you nima
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    godfather
    Very good interview Pallavi and thanks Nion for replying.

I was regular reader of your blog but i don't know that you are also on CE. 😛
    You have used the word "My best two friends" don't you think you have to give them some credit by posting their name? 😉 I think one of them is AKD. 😐

Thanks for considering me as a Active Cean. 😉

eNIgMA wow !! 😒

Good Job Pallavi and Nima aka Nion aka Enigma. 😀
    Yes, you are definitely right. My two best friends always guiding me and being with me for whatever I am are Ankita and Rucha.

And originally I did not intend to reveal that Enigma and Nion are one and the same, but I guess it didn't work! 😛

And of course you are an active Cean. No doubt about it. 😀
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    maria flor
    That was an awesome interview!!!😀
    Great job Sahithi and good answers Nion😀 CE rocks!!!!
    Just want to ask you Nion, why me in The Most Creative???😉
    As I said, implementation is what is necessary and you did implement your ideas and the outcome is the Great CE song. Hence you for the most creative person. 😀
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    @cooldudeiet, dillepk, praveenscience, NM: Thank you all! 😁
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    @Sahiti: Let people think why I nominated the Ceans whom I nominated. 😛 I'll answer it all, but not so early! 😉
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    But yeah, even I thought the user would be male! 😛
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Nion
    Yes, you are definitely right. My two best friends always guiding me and being with me for whatever I am are Ankita and Rucha.

And originally I did not intend to reveal that Enigma and Nion are one and the same, but I guess it didn't work! 😛

And of course you are an active Cean. No doubt about it. 😀
    Keep Rocking CE Nion. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I haven't been active on CE today. But this thread is really interesting.

@Nima: Wonderful answers! Keep up the great job! 👍 . One of the nicest KYCEans we have 😀
    @pallavi: We all appreciate the efforts that you put in conducting KYCEans.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I too appreciate all the efforts Sahithi puts into conducting the KYCEans. 😀

@Nion: Fabulous Interview. 😀 All the questions were answered from the heart. 👍

PS: I can't believe I am so late in replying to this one. Thanks to the upcoming exams. 😐
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    @Biggie: Thank you! 😁

@AKD: How could I possibly lie? You would have found it out! 😛
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    And just to tell all the Ceans from my personal experience, Sahithi is really doing a wonderful job.

Sahithi, thank you for the amazing interview and also for putting up with me and my silly demands through all of this. I really appreciate it! 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Nion
    @Biggie: Thank you! 😁

@AKD: How could I possibly lie? You would have found it out! 😛
    Absolutely.
    Now we all hope to see you more active here. Get to 1K posts as soon as possible. 😒
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    wow! Nice to know about you Nion!

Sahithi you are too good this time 😀

fantastic!!

I love the answer about Social Networking site, but I am active on FB for some reasons..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    And.. Can you put your blog link in signature?

We can have a look!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Great work Sahithi and Nima. 😀

I liked that comment. Praveen techno geek :razz:

I think the interview does not end here. We can ask questions of our choice too. What say people?

Do you like sports? Which sports do you play?
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    @ES: Thank you!

I know many of the CEans, almost of of them are on FB. Everyone has their own reasons, and so do you! 😉

About the putting the blog link in my signature, my blog needs some renovation. After it is done, I'll definitely put it up. Just to tell you you have been to my blog once or twice! 😛
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    @Ishu: Thank you! 😀

Well, I played various sports as a child. I've played kho-kho, badminton, cricket and yes Kabbaddi too 😛. And I was a good athlete too. I was on every track-and-field event in my school till my 8th grade.

But now sadly, nothing. 😔 I do play badminton occasionally. 😐
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    I haven't been active on CE today. But this thread is really interesting.

@Nima: Wonderful answers! Keep up the great job! 👍 . One of the nicest KYCEans we have 😀
    @pallavi: We all appreciate the efforts that you put in conducting KYCEans.
    Thank You so much Biggie 😀

AbraKaDabra
    I too appreciate all the efforts Sahithi puts into conducting the KYCEans. 😀
    @Nion: Fabulous Interview. 😀 All the questions were answered from the heart. 👍
    Thanks a lot Editor cum Moderator 😀

Nion
    And just to tell all the Ceans from my personal experience, Sahithi is really doing a wonderful job.
    Sahithi, thank you for the amazing interview and also for putting up with me and my silly demands through all of this. I really appreciate it! 😀
    Oh, Thanks a tonnnn Nima! Silly demands...ha ha 😀 Yes I spent a bit more time for your Interview, that's true but the Outcome is a Great Blast now 😀 I am very very Happy that our CEans liked it!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thanks Es, ishu and everyone.
    Oh I forgot Especially Thanks to Nima for answering my questions 😁
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Sahiti is an extra-ordinary interviewer, she puts in a lot of time and effort in every interview, and also thinks that the interview she is working on is the most crucial one. This you can see in each of her interview, she goes on getting better and better.
    Thumbs up.
    Hope everything falls into place for you so that you can accompany us for the meet.
    Nice answers @nion.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Awesome answers Nion 😀

@Sahithi : Your questions are superb 😀
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    a wonderful interview 😁
    great job sahithi. a very nice interview 😀
    @nion: nice answers 😀 👍
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    @aj_onduty, Praveena, CP: Thank you guys. 😀 Glad you liked it! 😉
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Know what- it was obvious yo were enigma 😛, i think i saw this 'nion' avatar in AKD's blog as enigma :-s

anyways( could not resist not putting this up)- internet is funny , or may be my posts look so , recently someone in person asked me -" alrigth durga! tell me when do you want to grow up", i said "never" 😛
    PS: i was making fun of my joblessness at work in public then 😛

good to know you!
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    @Durga: Lol Durga, needless to say you are smart enough to figure that out.! 😁

Thank you! 😀
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    hey nima, nice answers and sahithi good job! good questions 😀

good to know you nima 😛
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    aj_onduty
    Sahiti is an extra-ordinary interviewer, she puts in a lot of time and effort in every interview, and also thinks that the interview she is working on is the most crucial one. This you can see in each of her interview, she goes on getting better and better.
    Thumbs up.
    Hope everything falls into place for you so that you can accompany us for the meet.
    Nice answers @nion.
    Thanks a million Aj. Yes I do work more a bit because I just want to pull as much information as I can 😀 And firstly thanks to Biggie and Akd for giving me this opportunity. And thanks for everyone!

@Nima : Explanation; at least answer for me.
  • alakh niranjan p
    alakh niranjan p
    only thing i could find from NION interview is..she i a great learner and lives the every moment of her life....
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    @cooltwins: Thankyou! 😀

@Sahithi: Well, you can yourself see how you are most wanted as an interviewer for CE and also as a Cean! 😉
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    @Alakh: Thanks a lot for the kind words! 😀
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Sahithi, you've crafted a really cool interview 👍

And Nima, nice to see you're finally on KYCean. One can feel the sincerity in your answers. They were also different and made me smile a number of times 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

M.Y.S. Prasad, associate director, Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota : He was born in a village called 'Mogalturu' , West Godavari dist in Andhra pradesh. He is responsible for launch...
Please help! I have spent hours trawling through books and the internet trying to answer this question. I am a first year BTEC student and haven't received any input on...
Hello Ceans, You know that we have many talented and genius Ceans and some of them are now not active on CE. 😔 So do you have any idea that...
System failure's are one of the most important problems faced by any system. Be it a normal operating system or a database management system, failure's can occur in any prevalent...