Know Your CEan - KGV

Meet the CEan who's been helping CE from behind the scenes. KGV has been around on CE for quite some time. CEan - Mayur chatted with CEan - KGV, check it out.
KGV: As you all know I am KGV I have done my Metallurgical Engineering (2005 Batch) from Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur. I always wanted to work with software industry (yes even while becoming a metallurgical engineer) and was fortunate enough to be hired by HSBC Global Technologies, Pune. I was with them for about an year and half. It is at HSBC, that I had an opportunity to get a lot of knowledge about the financial sector some of which the CE guys allowed me to share with the other CEans through CE Finance and CE downloads. Currently I am employed with a renowned software development company, which works in offshore product development in Telecom Domain. Those who still want to know more about me can drop in a mail at kartik@crazyengineers.com and I shall be more than happy to reply.

Mayur: You are a metallurgical engineer, what influenced you to choose engineering as a career option?

KGV: If it is one thing that really influenced me to be an engineer is love of numbers. It would not be incorrect if you say love of mathematics but its love of numbers and of course the money involved that prompted me to take up engineering. I always wanted to be a software engineer but somehow ended up getting into metallurgy. You may argue that if I loved numbers so much I should have better taken up commerce as well and sometimes even I think so but then engineering has a different aura to it and hence I took a correct decision to be an engineer. I don’t think your specialization makes a lot of difference to your attitude. It’s the engineer’s attitude that our curricula (or the deficiencies in them) impart which makes us what we are - engineers and in our case CrazyEngineers.

Mayur: You are working in the IT industry now, would you want to recollect some experiences while you studied metallurgy? How is it different now?

KGV: I always wanted to be in the IT industry so, even when I was in college I used to think that I will get into some IT company so I was really prepared for this change. But yes I like recalling those times, especially those in the labs near the furnaces, and those castings. It was a great experience. I also remember all those lectures in college where I just went for the sake of attendance and then there were ones in which our teachers really poured their hearts out in teaching. I still remember the Iron and steel making lectures in which really a lot was taught.

Mayur: You are also on the editorial committee of CE. How do you feel, being associated with CE?

KGV: It really is an honor to be associated with CE. Being on Editorial committee of a site with global audiences and 2700 members is really flattering. I think all the engineers can utilize CE as a platform to express themselves both technically and otherwise. I wish CE were there when I was still in college. There are so many ideas, which just enter the realms of oblivion because you hesitate to publish them due to lack of platform or any other reason. What I would like as a member of editorial board is to have a lot of people come up with ideas, articles, and write-ups and then improve their literary skills and also allow us the members of the editorial board to improve our editorial skills.

Mayur: Apart from your job as an IT professional and your stint with CE, what else do you do?

KGV: My hobbies include playing Tennis, Table Tennis, Poetry, Reading, Swimming, and Cycling, making new friends. I love to track the share markets I do it daily by watching CNBC TV 18. I like orkut and CE too. I have a huge friend circle so I spend significant amount of time with my friends too. Yes if there is one thing that I don’t prefer then it has to be watching movies in theatres. I watch about 3-4 movies an year in theatres, which is extremely low as compared to the national average.

Mayur: Okay, now is the time for some rapid fire questions.

One thing you like about CE:

KGV: Its Global and filled with crazy people like me actually one thing is too small a space to tell abt CE. I mean to fit in CE in one good thing will be doing injustice to CE.

Mayur: Answer taken, well said. Now some things that you hate about CE.

KGV: Less active CEans. I would love CEans to be much more active. We have immense potential together we really can make a lot of difference

Mayur: Next, One word that you think describes yourself.

KGV: King. If you asked for three those would be Kartik Girish Vyas, these three describe me completely.

Mayur: Had it not been engineering, What would have been an alternate career for you?

KGV: Difficult question, maybe CA.

Mayur: Okay. Name a thing that you are very proud of... an achievement you may say.

KGV: Diplomatic Answer- Being the first one to be interviewed on CE.

Mayur: Taken, you want to add any thing else to this answer?

KGV: I am proud of being myself nothing in particular as yet to be proud of.

Mayur: Okay... Last question. If you were to develop an engineering marvel that rocks the world, what would that be? Answer in 1 sentence.

KGV: The flying saucer as the one used by Spiderman 1's enemy. I don't know his name

Mayur: Goblin?

KGV: Yes.

Mayur: We got the news that you've cracked CAT & got interview call from IIM-L. What is your strategy for the GD/PI at IIM-L?

KGV: Just to go & present my natural self. I'm sure if I'm able to do so, I'm in; if not, I did not deserve to be.

Mayur: Good. Thank you for talking to CE. We had a pleasure talking to you. Have a nice day and a great life!

KGV: The pleasure is all mine. Thanks a lot same to you! I am really thankful to have been presented with this opportunity by CE and I must thank CE for it.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ever since its start about two years ago, CE has been gifted with exceptional contributors. CEan - Prasad Ajinkya (aka Kidakaka) is one of them. CEan - Kidakaka chatted with...
CEans, Our fellow CEan English-Scared aka Saandeep is with us since January 2009. In short period of time; he's contributed over 700 posts, organized CE Meet at Hyderabad (India) and...
Durga joined us on 5th October 2008, rose rapidly through the ranks and became part of the pioneering CE-Ambassador team. She has taken a lot of initiatives on CE including...
Gerard Beekmans CEans, One of the wildest dreams most of the hardcore computer science engineers have is to build their own operating system from scratch. Well, if you are a...
We are happy to announce that crazy electrical engineer, CEan English Scared is our CEan of the month May 2009! CEan English Scared's exceptional contribution to CE forums has lead...