Know Your CEan CrazyBoy aka Anil Jain

CEans,

CEan CrazyBoy has been with us since CE was very young. He's been driving force behind CE and helped CE gain momentum when we had our low times. A Civil Engineer by education and currently working as a software engineer in India, Anil is an exceptionally talented cricket player. Our moderator, CEan - MayurPathak had a chat with CEan CrazyBoy on various topics. Have a look at it below.

CE: Hi Crazyboy aka Anil Jain. So you are a Civil Engineer. Tell us more about yourself.

Anil: About my Self, I am 25 Yrs old, 5’10 height, athletic body and crazy about civil structures and sports. Though I have completed my engineering in CIVIL, still I am working with a leading software company at Noida and have total experience of 4 yrs with the IT industry only. Basically I hailed from Rajasthan (India).

About my hobbies, I am a sports person and love playing all the sports; I was a part of departmental team in Volley Ball, Foot Ball. Also I won a few awards in TT, Badminton and cricket tournaments as well. Other then sports I love to do photography and sketching in my free time.

CE: What prompted you to join a civil engineering course?

Anil: My Uncle was a civil engineer and I used to go with him on construction sites since my childhood, and since then I dreamt to create some structure by my own design.

After by high school graduation I was very stubborn to get admission in a NIT (National institute of Technology) and to be frank my rank in the pre-engineering exam was not good enough to get a mechanical or Computer in any NIT. So I thought why not to go with Structural (subject of my liking) engineering in a NIT.

CE: Being a Civil Engineer, you joined an IT company. Why such a change?

Anil: There is a long story behind this. Though I got an engineering degree in CIVIL; still my first love was designing. After entrance examination I took admission in Structural engineering at NIT, Nagpur and continued the same course till 2nd year end. In third year due to orders from center government NIT, Nagpur had merged the Civil and Structural engineering branches. There were 4 additional subjects in structural engineering in addition to all subjects of Civil and I missed them. If I would have completed my engineering in Structural, I definitely would have started my career as structural designer.

In the starting of 4th year of college days I got placed in a leading software company and by chance that was IT Company. After getting a job in a company I gave up the idea of leaving that job or waiting for a company which offers civil job (not a hard core designing job) and continued to give my services to IT field only.

CE: What pulled you to CE? And what has been motivating you to remain here unlike many who have already left?

Anil: In 2005-06 I was preparing for MBA and was active member of PG. During those days, I and Biggi were working in the same organization. Biggi come up with the idea of starting CE somewhere in the end of 2005 and also motivated me to join CE. With his reference I joined CE and since then I am with CE family.

I love to spend time on CE. This community always helped me to enhance my knowledge and also CE is a way by which I can help others. So idea of leaving CE family had never crossed my mind.

CE: So what else do you do apart from your work and spend some time on CE?

Anil: Sports and photography are my main time killing activities I do except spending time on CE. Also sketching is my hobby.

Here come the fast track questions:

CE: Tell us one thing you always wanted to do but you haven't been able to till now.

Anil: Work as a structural designer.

CE: Who's a better engineer, a married genius or an unmarried fanatic?

Anil: A married genius.

CE: Given a chance tell us one engineering marvel you would have loved to design.

Anil: A building bigger and safer then Burj Dubai.

CE: If you were a not an engineer, what would you be? And why? (For ex. you could be a politician because you are an exceptional leader.)

Anil: May be a professional sports person. Except engineering, the only thing I can do very well are playing sports.

CE: Complete the story. "I love..."

Anil: I love to live my life with my parents.

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Cool answers Crazy/Anil. Good to know more about you.
    Nice questions Mayur. You really are quite good at this, are you sure you do not work for a news channel
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Nice interview Crazyboy.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    great interview...nice answers
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Great crazyboy
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Nice answers Anil. I'm just wondering why is a Married Genius better than an unmarried Fanatic πŸ˜›
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    too have same question...besides that great interview Anil...u ROCK
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    very good interview people...
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Anil Sir, Good interview πŸ˜€

I have few questions-

1. Are you now an MBA guy?
    2. You spent your 4 years in learning Strucural engineering. So after completing 4 years, you never thought of "Struggling and going into a field where your 4 years learning can be used?" or you just wanted them to go in vain and wanted to work for IT companies.Please clarify .
    mayurpathak
    I'm just wondering why is a Married Genius better than an unmarried Fanatic πŸ˜›
    Exactly-Can you say few words in support of your answer. I disagree with your answer. 😐
    4. Why you are rarely seen here when other IT professionals can also find time from their hectic office work?
    5. Did you like anything most about CE or you have joined it just because some Good person asked you to do so?

Please don't take it as another interview πŸ˜‰ .These are just few questions coming in my mind, I would like to know few more facts about you. That's it.

Thanks for answering them in advance. πŸ˜€
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    CE: What pulled you to CE? And what has been motivating you to remain here unlike many who have already left?

Anil: In 2005-06 I was preparing for MBA and was active member of PG. During those days, I and Biggi were working in the same organization. Biggi come up with the idea of starting CE somewhere in the end of 2005 and also motivated me to join CE. With his reference I joined CE and since then I am with CE family.

I love to spend time on CE. This community always helped me to enhance my knowledge and also CE is a way by which I can help others. So idea of leaving CE family had never crossed my mind.
    CE: Complete the story. "I love..."

Anil: I love to live my life with my parents.
    Aww, that's really sweet and commendable. It's been nice reading up about you CrazyBoy. You seem like a really nice down to Earth person.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Thanks everybody for bearing with me. Special thanks to Biggi and Mayur who gave me honor to present my profile in front of all CEan's.

@ Shalini - No "sir", CrazyBoy or Anil will do for me 😁

1. Are you now an MBA guy?
    Anil - No, I am not. I was very stubborn to go in top 10 business school of India. Unfortunately I couldn't crack the exam to get admission in top 10 B-schools. So I am still an engineering graduate only.

2. You spent your 4 years in learning Structural engineering. So after completing 4 years, you never thought of "Struggling and going into a field where your 4 years learning can be used?" or you just wanted them to go in vain and wanted to work for IT companies. Please clarify.
    Anil - Studies / knowledge never go in vain. I have knowledge of structural engineering and working in IT field that doesn't mean that I can not use that knowledge. Engineering taught me logic and developed my attitude in juggling with problems, so here and there I am using that knowledge in IT field too.

Ten years down the line I will also think of starting my own construction business.

3. Can you say few words in support of your answer? I disagree with your answer.
    Anil – It’s a debatable topic and people have different opinions. For me married or unmarried state was not much of an influence for deciding the answer. Comparison was between fanatic and genius and genius is always better then fanatic for me.
    Also I am married 😁 so my answer was married genius 😁.
    4. Why you are rarely seen here when other IT professionals can also find time from their hectic office work?
    Anil –I always love to spend my time on CE, but sometime it’s unavoidable to spend much time.

Due to some reasons I had to go in and out of CE. I did company change sometime last year, on many occasions CE was blocked in my project (company) and my home laptop was not working? This year got married so was away from system for quite a good time.

5. Did you like anything most about CE or you have joined it just because some Good person asked you to do so?
    Anil - To be very frank I joined CE just because of the enthusiasm of β€˜The Big K’ who was my colleague that time and encouraged me to join CE. After joining CE I could not leave, and why that I have already answered.

-CrazyBoy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I remember the times when CrazyBoy and CEan - Swati were the most enthusiastic posters on CE [long long time ago] 😁 . I wonder where she is now. Hopefully she'll be back.

It's very good to have you with us, CB. We hope CE will be of some help to you in realizing your construction company dream πŸ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Old hard days when we used to count the number of members each day... right biggi?

Great patience Biggi !!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Thanks for answering my questions. Liked your answers. "Best of Luck" for your future construction business. πŸ˜€

One last question if Mayur Sir would have given any of the following two options, then what would have been your answer and why? πŸ˜›

a) Married genius or Unmarried genius (Choose one)
    b) Married fanatic or Unmarried fanatic (Choose one)
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Nice one Anil πŸ˜€ I always think you're the boy in your avatar 😁

btw, marriage stops genius πŸ˜‰
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    shalini_goel14
    One last question if Mayur Sir would have given any of the following two options, then what would have been your answer and why? πŸ˜›

a) Married genius or Unmarried genius (Choose one)
    b) Married fanatic or Unmarried fanatic (Choose one)
    Thanks !!!

Now its a tough one 😁
    Still my answers could have
    a) Unmaried genius (a married person can not be a genius as he already commited a mistake of doing marriage 😁)
    b) Married person can not be a fanatic so choice a not correct and answer is unmarried fanatic.

PS: above answers are for the given choices. I am saying this so that no one can challenge my previous answer "married genius"

-Crazy
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    MaRo
    Nice one Anil πŸ˜€ I always think you're the boy in your avatar 😁

btw, marriage stops genius πŸ˜‰

No, thats a CrazyBoy who is trying to solve another problem. 😁

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Again thanks for answering. Good answers. Case 1 answer was good. πŸ˜‰

* Still wondering why "Married person can not be a fanatic" πŸ˜• *

Anyways leave it, somewhere you have said yourself "unmarred fanatic" is your answer which I was looking for 😁
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    * Still wondering why "Married person can not be a fanatic" πŸ˜• *
    Fanatic is a person motivated by irrational enthusiasm, and after marriage enthusiasm reduces in a person😁

shalini_goel14
    Anyways leave it, somewhere you have said yourself "unmarred fanatic" is your answer which I was looking for 😁
    I knew that, what you were looking for? Thats why check my very same old answer

PS: above answers are for the given choices. I am saying this so that no one can challenge my previous answer "married genius"
    😁 Crazy

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Let's brainstorm ideas to solve a large green issue. If created, someone could get some publicity and a lot of money for solving this eco dilema. Currently, many electronic items...
I am a complete newbie to the site and to the world of microcontrollers, although I have taken assembly language class during college. I need some help immediately with initializing...
Hi friends, I am in 2nd year of engineering (CSE) .I would like to buy a laptop before the next sem starts.I don't have any idea about laptops I am...
Dear Members Im working in GAS Plant as a QC INSTRUMENTATION INSPECTOR, I want to learn FEED and change my career as Instrumentation Engineer, Pls provide me the best resources...