Klout Adds New Features To Provide A Better 'Influence Score'

Klout, as it defines itself, is a standard for influence. It allows you to discover your influence over others on a scale of 1 to 100.The result is calculated on the basis of interaction of an user on social sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Klout and Wikipedia. Factors under consideration for this are : mentions, likes, comments, subscribers, wall posts, friends in case of Facebook; retweets, mentions, list memberships, followers, replies for Twitter.

#-Link-Snipped-#

"What is so special about Klout? Sounds like another useless app to me!", one might offer. Well, to that we can say it is as useless as it is opaque - because there isn't any justification to the score. Now, in order to add precision to the calculated value, Klout has decided to recaliberate scores along with addition of new features. It has now increased elements-under-analysis to 400 (which was below 100) and number of data points analyzed daily to 12 billion (from billion). These changes are expected to provide the users with a better judgement of their influence on others.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#   Image Credits: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Twitter Founders - Biz Stone and Evan Williams bring to us a new publishing platform called 'Medium' - a place for the web-connected social masses, that may look like Posterous...
In November 2011, Adobe announced that they are halting the development of the Flash Player browser plugin, putting an end to Flash for Android, starting 15th of August. So, starting...
After launching a power packed i53 mini-PC in July, Giada has come up with i35G. Underneath its sleek design, it packs in an Intel Cedar Trail CPU which is otherwise...
Many people have faced the problem of hailing cabs. Either the cab doesn’t stop for you or cabs are not available in your area. ZabKab comes to the rescue in...
If you have watched the famous sitcom The Big Bang Theory, you probably remember the Mobile Virtual Presence Device that Sheldon Cooper had made in the episode “The Cruciferous Vegetable...