Kid Buys Stuff $6000 On App Store, Unknowingly. Apple Issues Refund!

Look, when you've billions of dollars in your bank accounts - you can always refund $6000 to a kid who unknowingly bought stuff worth $6000 on App Store. That's what Apple did for Lily Neale, 8-year old daughter of aerospace engineer Lee Neale.

Those of you with kids - Apple devices may not be ready for your kids. Or shall we say, your bank accounts may not be ready for your kids.

What say you?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    This is hillarious First the parent's negligence which can be seen by the way their bank account has been linked to their mobile phone is seen clearly

The child chose an app worth $6000 What in the world could be that costly
    Next apple surely got some name in this by appeasing a crwod way up in the ladder

But for others just another story to publicise the brand as a benefactor of masses
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    What 8-year daughter was doing with smartphone ?

Go play in garden or with your barbie doll ^_^
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Abhishek Rawal

Well don't be surprised when I tell you that I've seen a 3 year old Kuwaiti girl carry a Nokia 6600 as if it was a toy phone back in early 2002 when that phone was a mighty expensive smartphone.

P.S: Where do you think rich people throw their money? An average guy and a rich guy - both use iphone 5 - what difference does it make?

In Kuwait, the people are so full of pride. My dad's boss had a Nokia N73 (which he bought on the 2nd day after it was officially launched in Kuwait at a wooping high price, and the next day morning my dad saw him walking around the corridor making a really important phone call after which he was really angry and pissed off. When he got back into his office room, the boss summoned the peon to get him a hammer. And before my dad could stop him, he had smashed the N73 with the hammer! There's another boss with whom this boss is in constant competition. Say, If one guy has a 2012 model Chevrolet Caprice and the other guy buys a 2013 model of the same car, the first guy would sell his car to someone else (often at a cheaper price) and buy the latest model of a car better than Caprice. In Kuwait, you'd find a lot of affordable Mercedes Benz second hand variants which the Kuwaitis exchange very often (they usually change cars every 8 months to one year)
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Too many jelly people, eh ? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal

She might playing "Fruit Slice" ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Harshad Italiya
    She might playing "Fruit Slice" ๐Ÿ˜’
    fruit ninja is better

Any way pun apart I am sure rich should learn to invest money better so thye don't turn paupers over night
  • mail154
    mail154
    Abhishek Rawal

hey update your version buddy..playing in garden was a very outdated version and its support was withdrawn from the manufacturer ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜
  • mail154
    mail154
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Look, when you've billions of dollars in your bank accounts - you can always refund $6000 to a kid who unknowingly bought stuff worth $6000 on App Store. That's what Apple did for Lily Neale, 8-year old daughter of aerospace engineer Lee Neale.

Those of you with kids - Apple devices may not be ready for your kids. Or shall we say, your bank accounts may not be ready for your kids.

What say you?

i think he is a "crazy" aerospace engineer ๐Ÿ˜
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    mail154
    hey update your version buddy..playing in garden was a very outdated version and its support was withdrawn from the manufacturer ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜
    Old-school rocks!
    New-school kids are lame!
  • mail154
    mail154
    Abhishek Rawal
    Old-school rocks!
    New-school kids are lame!

yes..
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    mail154
    The reason why children are prone to illness is their lack of exposure to physical exercise

Thank you technology
  • mail154
    mail154
    Conqueror
    The reason why children are prone to illness is their lack of exposure to physical exercise

Thank you technology

Yes thats for sure. it reduced our physical activity both in a good(like paying a bill online) and bad manner(playing)
  • lal
    lal
    "C'on guys, lets grab a football and rock n roll in the rain."

I wonder how many kids do that these days. More over, how many parents allow that today. ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The CEoM August 2013 applications are open and if you haven't yet applied for the next month's contest, we'd encourage you to do so "NOW". The applications will close on...
Einstein cannot be beaten. Speed of light cannot be exceeded. So what? Warp the space and reduce the distance. There you are! Our Star-Trek Future? NASA Scientists Engineering a Warp-Drive...
Greetings everyone! It'll be long post, please kindly bear with me! Myself Hemanth, A 2013, Electrical engineering pass out from Shimoga,A tier 3 city in karnataka. Just after my completion...
In June, HEVC/H.265 Standard was officially released which was approved in Early 2013,January.The HEVC abbreviated as High Efficiency Video Codec is capable to cover larger screen resolutions with 8K pixels...
As Ubuntu Operating system will be using it's custom Mir display server from Saucy Salamander 13.10 onwards, many projects has been leaded to port their application for Mir display from...