Kick start for new project

Hello
i am a student of 2nd year Electronics and communicatins engg branch...... i require some help regarding making a robot....... Please give your ideas, weblinks, or any other help you can to help me startup with my project..... I am not getting to know how do we start with a robot.

Replies

• smita89
    smita89
    is this neha?? I'm just curious I know someone who's name is oaskanta.
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    ya didi...... i recognized u..... m neha...... thats bcoz m d only oaskanta round here.......

any ways....can u help me out with that thread????๐Ÿ˜•
  • Differential
    Differential
    Do a little search on this forum. There are very good discussions about robots
  • smita89
    smita89
    hey neha.. check these out, I think you might find this helpful. Also try posting in various threads and interacting with the users here. You'll get lots of info and help.

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    thank you for your help....... it surely will work out but for now i have to take part in a tech-fest.....so please help me to work out as to how exactly does one make a robot without physical help.....i mean my seniors are not at all cooperative so could you help me out please?????

for example if i want to make a "WIRELESS RF OBSTACLE DETECTOR".....how do i start, the various ground work, where do i get the parts from, any books, sites, etc....

i've spent a dozen of months looking and searching but in vain..... so please help me out.... i need some guidance......
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    Hello
    i am a student of 2nd year Electronics and communicatins engg branch...... i require some help regarding making a robot....... Please give your ideas, weblinks, or any other help you can to help me startup with my project..... I am not getting to know how do we start with a robot.

please help me to work out as to how exactly does one make a robot without physical help.....i mean my seniors are not at all cooperative so could you help me out please?????

for example if i want to make a "WIRELESS RF OBSTACLE DETECTOR".....how do i start, the various ground work, where do i get the parts from, any books, sites, etc....

i've spent a dozen of months looking and searching but in vain..... so please help me out.... i need some guidance......

The example i have given is just for matter of understanding.....it would be of great help if anyone is descriptive with the sources and ideas.....
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    Hello

please help me to work out as to how exactly does one make a robot without physical help.....i mean my seniors are not at all cooperative so could you help me out please?????

The example i have given is just for matter of understanding.....it would be of great help if anyone is descriptive with the sources and ideas.....๐Ÿ˜•
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    In order to do a project, first and foremost you need to define your problem statement. A project without a problem statement is like an army without an objective. The goals that you set for your project should be realistic and should fit within your academic,financial,time constraints.

As far as selecting a problem statement is concerned, you can take cues from surroundings. For example, for someone who is not physically fit or has trouble getting up a robot that opens or closes doors, would probably be a good idea.

Once you have identified your objective, select your constraints if the project you are doing is for academic purposes. This is important because once you dive deep into a project, you will find that you can improve/change a lot of things. A sensor here or a motor there might cost valuable time/finances.

Have a look at the links below for more info on robotics:

#-Link-Snipped-#
    NASA Robotics - Students : Projects
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    hey thank you so much........ that will help a lot....... but any idea where do i get all the stuff and materials and how to present it on paper, i mean any format for that????
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Have a look at justdial.com...you will get information on shops in Bhubaneswar that sell electronics items...or you can purchase these components online (you may require a credit card for this)..As far as the sample report goes, I have it somewhere I am sure...will let you know when i find it...I'll mail it to you..

PS - Do not post your e-mail id here...
  • gopi.india
    gopi.india
    Hey..am nt great in dis stuff..but a "WIRELESS RF OBSTACLE DETECTOR" doesn't make sense to me... I mean..an obstacle detector will obviously be an autonomous (or a semi-) robot..which will use a microcontroller to control the actuators (read motors).
    Wireless RF system is used in manual bots which you will control using a remote..Obviously u can 'detect' the obstacles for your bot.

So, if u want to make an obstacle detection and avoidance bot...go get your microcontroller [๐Ÿ˜›]
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    all right so that was a wrong question i asked....... but that shows how much knowledge i have [๐Ÿ˜]..... but please kepp providing me help on this as this much won't suffice........ you see???
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    uuhhhh.....thats fine but how will you mail it when i can't post my email id here?????????
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    oaskanta
    uuhhhh.....thats fine but how will you mail it when i can't post my email id here?????????
    that's where Private Messages (PMs) come in handy!! I'll let you know when I find it, then you can send me your e-mail id through a PM, that way spammers can't view your e-mail id..
  • smita89
    smita89
    look, I'm not an expert in this field but you need to have some idea about microcontrollers and sensors before you can make a bot. I dished out a site for you which I'll post you via pm (coz i am not sure if it will be allowed to post here). Go through the site, it might help. Moreover, if you are really serious about this, do some reading. Get some good material from your library or local bookstore.

And yeah, there are plenty hardware stores in bhubaneswar who make readymade bots for tech fests. Rather than getting yours made by someone else, try contacting them and asking them if they can actually teach you some fundamentals. It'll help you in the long run.

I'll see what more I can do.
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    didi.... i did see your PM you sent me but i don't know how to save them..... so the next time i came online to check the sites........the PM was gone....i don't know the mechanism or how it vanished.....but if it won't bother you a lot, can you please sent them again. and how the hell do we save a PM so that we can view it next time???????
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I request all our members not to use SMS text. The language of the forums is English. Usage of non-English words is prohibited unless absolutely required.
  • remshad medappil
    remshad medappil
    Consider to build a stacking robot
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    mad_scientist
    As far as the sample report goes, I have it somewhere I am sure...will let you know when i find it...I'll mail it to you..
    i guess you were going to send me something??? well am still waiting for that sir.๐Ÿ˜”
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    remshad
    Consider to build a stacking robot
    Now what is a stacking robot??? i mean, i am still a novice in this field. Need help........
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    As the name suggests, they are used for stacking objects, usually in industries. Read the story below to get an idea :

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Have a complete look in Wikipedia mate...
  • darksider
    darksider
    Hey why just you don't pay a visit to the link below ............ #-Link-Snipped-# best of luck & one more.... You can get almost all tutorial in various fields...

& about your obstacle avoiding robo i got an instructable already.....so cheer up

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, i am learning php these days.I want to know how to call a php function on button click. Button is created in HTML and function is a php function.Give...
I see that many are interested in the Armed Forces. I have started a thread regarding that. Everyone can share information about their country's one armed forces unit at a...
any one have any idea about wegind and proximity card and card reader
Any user of Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ ? Previously I were having the Reliance plug and play 1x whose speed was pathetic (in comparision to what I were paying). Now I...
HEy everyone! I wanted an advice regarding laptops. I am really confused which brand to prefer while buying a new laptop. Can u help me with this please? My range...