Keyboards with rupee symbol to be launched from January 2012

Symbol of the Indian rupee will appear on computer keyboards in the same row where the numerals and symbols of other currencies, say dollar, exist.

"The symbol is being approved by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) and will be on the keyboards by January next year,” said N Ravi Shanker, additional secretary, department of information technology.

This would present a huge opportunity for the hardware players, especially with incremental sales coming from replacement of old keyboards.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey friends, i never noticed a thread about neural networks in this CE from my existence so i am taking initiation as it is a very useful and research topic...
I've been intrigued with the question: Is a White Website with Black Fonts better than a Black Website with White Fonts??? Which of these do you feel is more suitable...
The New GRE 2011 Score Scale is as follows: Verbal Reasoning scores will be reported on a new 130 – 170 score scale, in 1-point increments (versus 200 *– 800...
General Test Dates >> Approximate Score Report Mailing Dates and View Scores Online Dates August 1, 2011 TO September 8, 2011 >> November 8, 2011 September 9, 2011 TO October...
The new revised GRE features advanced technology is created such that it lets you use your own test-taking style and strategies. Following are the new features: 1. Preview and review...