keeping different os on same logon screen

Basically,it will be a bios level coding or something like that.The main purpose of it would be to bring different OS's installed in System on single window so that one need not to restart the system rather just log off would be required.It will just equivalent to the existence concept of several user in single window but here user will comprise user's from all different OS's .that's it.

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Is that possible? that is, if you have Windows 7 and ubuntu, can we switch between the OS's without rebooting? How can it be done?
  • Leo
    Leo
    I never heard something like that, but i heard HP is trying to develop new technology due to which we will be able to start and switch of PC just as our Television, so it is possible to have multiple OS on same PC and we can start without rebooting, by the way HP declared it will try to develop it as early as possible but research process may elongate to more than a decade, so if this is not the thing we are discussing here then please correct me.
  • bharathpb
    bharathpb
    Dear all,

I am not sure of the exact requirement which u need...but you can give a try to VMWARE products...(a third party software in which multiple OS can be loaded)

Eg. If your host system is Xp ,you can have other OS as guest OS in context to VMware.
    Guest OS can Windows Server 2003,Solaris or Windows 7 or anything compatible with VMware

This is mainly used by developers of IT industry.
  • computeridiot007
    computeridiot007
    bharathpb
    Dear all,

I am not sure of the exact requirement which u need...but you can give a try to VMWARE products...(a third party software in which multiple OS can be loaded)

Eg. If your host system is Xp ,you can have other OS as guest OS in context to VMware.
    Guest OS can Windows Server 2003,Solaris or Windows 7 or anything compatible with VMware

This is mainly used by developers of IT industry.
    this can be done using acronis disk director suite software

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am currently a B.eng student studying mechanical engineering and have been kicked out of school for my marks (lot of outside problems in the year that may/not have caused...
Hi, is there any good ideas for my final year project that is good (enough to wow people) and simple to do? I was thinking of something like a heat...
Hi all, i'm currently finding for a chemical solution that will turn from totally clear like water to opaque when it receives heat... any suggestions? =)
I have some basic doubts on complex frequency. >>what does "s=-3" mean?..what does a negative value for a frequency signify?? >>when I say poles at s=p1..does that mean if I...
a man has two cubes on his desk. every day he arranges both cubes so that the front faces show the current day of the month. what numbers are on...