K truss bowstring truss

Project Abstract / Summary : The project is actually an innovative new bridge design which is amazingly load resistant design. The bridge can resist almost 120-130 times its self weight which is phenomenal.The design got selected for IIT-D fest but i didn't got chance to perform there because of mid sem examinations. This design is a hybrid product of K truss and a bowstring truss which are good load bearing bridge designs and are also widely used. This design is exclusive and have never been used anywhere else before. The design is important because it can resist that much heavy load factors.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : This is a new design which can be used as a army or airforce base itself. This design can resist heavy loads which needs to be considered at a huge level. I know this design is unique and can win this contest too. The design is basically derived from various combinations of bowstring and K-truss.

Project Highlights : I think that this design is new and exclusive and this much load bearing capacity is what i am proud of. This will give my bridge design a good boost and hopefully will resjst other innovative ideas. The design got selected for IIT-Delhi fest but due to Mid-sem exams I couldn't go for that fest. Hopefully i can attend this one and prove the succesibility of this bridge design.

Project Category : Civil / Structural
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Jodhpur Institute of Engineering and technology
City: Pali
State: Rajasthan
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

SpaceX tested its human-rated spacecraft Crew Dragon, also called Dragon 2, at its facility in McGregor, Texas, and the success established its ability to hover during flight. In the long...
The Boreyko research team from the department of Engineering Science and Mechanics at Virginia Tech has developed frost-controlling chemical micropatterns on a silicon surface having a size of a centimetre....
Blue Origins, founded by US entrepreneur Jeff Bezos, has demonstrated the re-usability of their New Shepard rocket in a test launch that took place on January 22nd, at a test...
Engineers at the NASA’s Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans have finished welding together the pressure vessel for the first Lunar Orion crew module that will be perched atop a...
I'm currently doing B-Tech ECE third year .. I'm going to paper presentation and mini project on topic "WIRELESS CHARGER". anyone give me suggestion..Share your experience.