jQuery 2.0 Kills IE 6, 7, 8 Support - Say What?

jQuery 2.0 will be released sometime around first quarter of 2013 and it will drop support to old Microsoft Internet Explorer versions IE 6 ( 👎 ) , IE 7 and IE 8. IE 9, and IE 10 along with other modern browsers will be fully supported. Those who need older IE support will have to stick with jQuery 1.9.

What's your take?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Has anyone used jQuery before?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Microsoft keep pushing IE after version 7 but no use. They should drop working on IE anymore😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nope, IE10 is going to be strong. Microsoft can't go wrong with IE10.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I am awaiting for Microsoft to realize the embarrassment of creating IE at the first place. I've never seen any other software as useless as IE.

Besides, the current jQuery only partly supports IE anyways. Many features are still not working in IE.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Nope, IE10 is going to be strong. Microsoft can't go wrong with IE10.
    Same thing was said with IE 9, remember?

And if they are gonna bash the support for IE 6, 7, 8, then its a curse for all the developers and interaction designers, as jQuery is the only interface with which we would be making IE behave well. It would surely make big calamity!!! Why don't IE get updated as Firefox or Chrome does? Just now, while writing this post, I got a message saying that Firefox 14 is released, please restart to update! Open source people really rock!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, the fact is - Microsoft's is taking ages to fix IE 😔 . Since IE10 is making a debut with Windows 8, I hope MS has dedicated a team to investigate the issues reported by web developers for several years now.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Yeah, the fact is - Microsoft's is taking ages to fix IE 😔 . Since IE10 is making a debut with Windows 8, I hope MS has dedicated a team to investigate the issues reported by web developers for several years now.
    One thing about Microsoft is that, they don't add features that are not confirmed by W3C!!! Those things in draft won't be implemented!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As the title may suggest, this discussion is about the working of I.C engines, which we are all familiar with. But now what we may talk about in this thread...
In 2009 European Commission probed Microsoft that though it allows to install multiple browsers on system but doesn't ask to set-up which one should be the default browser which was...
sir, can u plz help me in giving samples of projects on communiction system or give me a projects on cummunication system that will good for a final year student..
😀 I want aptitude test papers of various companies. Can you tell me how to get them?
The results for the Chartered Accountants (CA) final examination and Common Proficiency Test (CPT) 2012 are expected to be declared on (July 18) at around 2pm IST. Results would be...