joule heating

hello everyone, I'm new. I got a engineering equation to solve & need some help.

i am doing a project that uses joule heating of a wire & i wanted to come up with an equation to calculate the time it takes to heat up the wire to a certain temperature.

i tried using the heat balance equation:
I^2R - hA(T-Ta) = Mass.Cp.dT/dt
but realised that the time calculated was too far out from the actual measured one.

I am able to collect the following data using a data acquisition system:
- resistivity vs temperature
- current vs temperature
- temperature vs time

how should i go about formulating the equation? is the heat balance equation appropriate?
thanks

Replies

• pankaj_garg
    pankaj_garg
    u r on d right track!
    bt these equations r not xactly applicable in real systems.so u better multiply ur eq.by a factor which can reduce d error!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey friends, my pen drive(moser baer 1gb is showing a write protect error while transferring files having size greater than 237 MB. can any one of you suggest me how...
CEans, Its high time that we add/remove/modify our existing sections. In my opinion, We preserve our existing Trade Specific Sections (i.e Computer Science, Electronics, Civil ...) Merge CE IT Help...
Dear all, I am an analyst and track power conversion industry. Mayank
Hello guys i have a project(20%) in my mechatronics system design subject, i have to build a golf-ball collecting robot through a hole goals...there will be a competition among my...
how to open allegro 15.7 board file in 15.2 allegro Hi all I have some board file that created using allegro 15.7...... When i try to open it with allegro...