John Shepherd-Barron, inventor of ATM passes away

Creator of world's first automated teller machine (ATM) , John Shepherd Barron passed away at the age of 84 after his long battle with illness. He is survived by his wife, three sons and six grand kids.

The inventor was inspired by chocolate vending machines and thought why can't the same concept be applied to cash. His first machine was installed at Barclays Enfield branch in London June 27, 1967. He pioneered the concept of 4-digit PIN number for ATMs.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With recent ban on Social Networking Websites like Facebook & YouTube, it would be interesting to see what our engineering fraternity thinks about government intervention in what people can access...
hello everyone i need help about how to implement the route reservation in internetworks project i hv the full code wd me....
Have you ever wondered how to test your Antivirus software to ensure it’s proper working?😎
Hello everyone i am from the computer trade and need some help with running broadand at my place. Well i need to construct a device which recieves a particular signal...
hello, i hav jst completed my 2nd yr in civil... and hav decided to skip training dis yr.. is it a wise decision????????