JOB or PG

First of all, I am really very sorry for posting a non-technical thread, but i am very confused and i really need your help over this topic.
I am a final year student and I want to pursue M.Tech.
But,
I was selected in TCS campus placement and i have to anser to their offer letter within 7 days.

Now I am very much confused about whether i shall take this job or go for PG...??

Some Facts :
1) TCS wants to make a bond of 2 years plus one cant guarantee how much time these IT companies will take to give you the joining letter...so its gonna take my 3 years, if i go for the job.
2) TCS is not core electronics company and i am not sure that this experience will help me in core industry after my M.Tech.

But,
1) TCS is The largest IT company in asia and its name in my resume will surely make a differance (at least thats what i think).
2) Package is 3.16LPA.

Some say experience is must before you go for PG, while others say, once u start earning, u cant go back to studies.

So Please give me some suggestions and help me out....

between, my family financial condition is pretty decent, and my parents can afford my education for some more years. So, right now I dnt need job for money, but experience.

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Hey boss, what are your expectations from yourself? Nobody here knows your individuality. Listen to your heart. If you want to persue higher Education than do it. Do what your heart says. All logic supports it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Some say experience is must before you go for PG,
    while others say, once you start earning, you cant go back to studies.
    - Because that's what they have heard. And what people hear or tell is not to be believed always. It's because of the experiences they faced or the circumstances that occurred.

I am glad you asked us that question. I know hundreds of students who have that dilemma.
    Now ask yourself some questions:

1. Am I willing to study more right now? Do I want to spend the next 2 years of my life in some college campus?
    2. Do I have some special liking for a particular subject in which I can opt for specialization through PG?
    3. Or Am I ready to take up this job and give it in my 100% potential to it without PG lurking in my mind every now & then?

If you answered yes, to the first 2 questions, go for PG.

It's really all in our mind. Take a decision & stick to it. One has to be sure of one's motives.

Nobody else can make a choice for you, because it will be biased. You are in total control of yourself.

So, choose wisely.

PS: Do let us know what you chose & why. 👍
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    As u r a ECE student.......Surely u ll rock in ur field....Y u go to software side ya
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    As you are crazy Electronics & Telecommunications Engineer, so go to TCS only if you are interested in software field. Else go for PG.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    born_star16
    As you are crazy Electronics & Telecommunications Engineer, so go to TCS only if you are interested in software field. Else go for PG.
    hey whats that TCS is just a company but it is not software
    we have many other companies better than TCS

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On September 15, 2011, 5 of America's most promising post-doctoral female scientists received the L'Oréal USA Fellowships For Women In Science Award. This national awards program was created in 2003...
Nokia 600 has 60 hours of music playback time, an incredibly powerful external loudpeaker, and the ability to also stream music wirelessly to NFC-enabled accessories. Check out the promotional video:...
Close Up Wildlife Photography Without Hi-Tech Equipment.
Hello, I am in a bit of sticky situation and would welcome all ideas in this regard. My client has this problem where people are, literally, frying the energy meters...
Very simple question. And answer is: "Use WiFi Modem" But, situation is different here. I have connection at my place, I have WiFi enabled modem with me, which works for...