Job options for ECE students after 2 year IT experience

Hi everyone, I am an ECE graduate from 2014 batch. I am currently working in IT industry from last 10 months. But I am intensely frustated and not at all satisfied with this industry (work and salary everything) and I really don't want to continue here. I want to switch to a good company (preferably ECE based ex- Samsung, Motorola etc) which can offer a very good package also. Please suggest how it can be done. Thanks in advance.. !!!!!

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers.
    I don't see why it can't be done if you have the required skills.
    Take a look at the job profiles available at your dream company - Samsung or Motorola or any other company where you believe work suiting to ECE background can make you feel satisfied. Chances are that they are looking for a certain technical skill. For instance, a certification in a particular technology/software. Start learning it.
    You said you just completed 10 months. So, you have another year to go before you want to make a switch. Use this time constructively. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Mishthy
    Mishthy
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers. I don't see why it can't be done if you have the required skills. Take a look at the job profiles available at your dream company - Samsung or Motorola or any other company where you believe work suiting to ECE background can make you feel satisfied. Chances are that they are looking for a certain technical skill. For instance, a certification in a particular technology/software. Start learning it. You said you just completed 10 months. So, you have another year to go before you want to make a switch. Use this time constructively. ๐Ÿ‘
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers. I don't see why it can't be done if you have the required skills. Take a look at the job profiles available at your dream company - Samsung or Motorola or any other company where you believe work suiting to ECE background can make you feel satisfied. Chances are that they are looking for a certain technical skill. For instance, a certification in a particular technology/software. Start learning it. You said you just completed 10 months. So, you have another year to go before you want to make a switch. Use this time constructively. ๐Ÿ‘
    Ankita Katdare
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - It's important to find out the real cause of your frustration. Is it the work or the company? If the answer is 'both' - then make sure that your new role has everything you desire. Else, you'll be in the same situation. I'd not expect the corporate culture to be vastly different in any new corporation. How do I know? I've worked in services and product companies in the past ๐Ÿ˜€ .

You haven't mentioned the technologies you've worked on. If the technology you are experienced in is relevant to your target companies; your switch would be easy. If not, you will have to find out what are the domains you can work on. You may always apply as a fresher. Keep an eye on openings and walk-ins.
  • Mishthy
    Mishthy
    #-Link-Snipped-#. Thanku fo d advice... Actually wt I came 2 knw frm others is dt once u r in IT sector... ur exprnc isn't counted if u apply fo sme other company fo non-IT jobs... Is dt true.. ?? N if it is den wt is the other way out.. ??
  • Mishthy
    Mishthy
    @Kastubh.. mainly its d work... i wz thrown in a support project where i just hv d wrk of resolving tickets.. N moreover.. m nt intrstd in ds wrk.. I alwzz wntd to wrk in ECE domain.. bt dint hv ny optn aftr clg so had to join this service based company.. plz hlp me out.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Anybody with a clear and concise definition of Engine Load?
Just watch the video of new cross platform virtual assistant Hound buy the makers of Sound Hound. * https://www.soundhound.com/hound What is your next move Google Now/SIRI. For the record I...
Slated to go on sale on 7th June via leading e-commerce portals and retail stores, the all new Micromax Canvas Tab P690 has already been introduced to the market. The...
People all over India are expressing their concern over Maggi; it's not that people did NOT know that it's unhealthy - they were waiting for someone to announce it that...
The 2015 TATA Safari Storme facelift has made its grand appearance in India at a starting price of Rs. 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). There's a lot of stuff to look...