Job offer delayed, just sitting at home, dunno what to do!

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to apologize if a subject such as this has already been discussed elsewhere in this forum. Unfortunately, I do not have Net at home, and hence, have to access it from other places, due to which I get a very limited amount of time. So I really didn't have time to read all the other threads, but I'm basically looking for quick answers.

For background, let me elaborate on my current situation. I had been placed through campus recruitment in my sixth semester. However, due to the economic slowdown, my offer has been delayed. I am supposed to receive further notification come this January. Now numerous opportunities in the form of job applications have gone past me, primarily because I am really hoping to work in this particular company, as they have a wonderful training program along with an amiable working atmosphere (so I've heard).

Now the problem is that I'm terribly afraid of what will happen if the job is delayed even further. I am not one to sit idly and have watched the other jobs going past with more than a healthy dose of worry.

So I would really like some experienced people's opinions on my predicament.

Thank you very much.

(P.S. - If you know of another thread containing some useful information regarding the afformentioned, by all means please paste the links.)

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi Maelstrom,

Have you tried communicating with your recruiters? What did they say?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    As Admin has suggested, You can contact your placement head with a query of a probable date. The mentioned company is a company of your liking so, If the probable date falls within 2 months (you can hope so, as market is catching up good days with a pretty decent speed), you can wait for this company. If the probable date falls outside 2 months you should look for other offers as well.

Meanwhile sittling idle is not going to help you in updating your knowledge and career. Advice you to join some course to enhance your knowledge?

-CB
  • Maelstrom
    Maelstrom
    Thank you "The_Big_K" and "crazyboy" for taking the time to reply. I'll certainly take some action by contacting the company (however, I don't know how to!!).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maelstrom
    Thank you "The_Big_K" and "crazyboy" for taking the time to reply. I'll certainly take some action by contacting the company (however, I don't know how to!!).
    Two ways that might work for you -

1. Contact your college's Placements department. They will certainly have the contact address/number of the HR.

2. Get in touch with the company through their official website.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Some other discussion on CE inspired me to write this post. Following are few tips on resume writing for engineering college grads appearing for campus placements - Don't copy your...
We surface ophthalmic lens of plastic material which also generate plastic powder. we daily through it in garbage. Can we recycle or use to manufacture other product.
Hey friends...what exactly you mean by Cache memory and how exactly it increases the performance of a processor? Need some expert to throw some light on this.
The question is pretty straightforward. We need world peace. Do you think the solution lies in Ahimsa? Why?
I thought I'd add in some additional questions, so our responses will be holistic. Also, analogies are highly encouraged, just like MaRo has done. - What is the significance of...