Jerry Yang, Yahoo Co-Founder Quits Yahoo! Inc.

Jerry Yang and David Filo - two young engineers founded Yahoo! back in 1995. The company quickly became the mega directory of the websites online. Apart from being a search engine, the company also became one of the major content power houses. However, in the recent past, the company became a Titanic and started losing its command over the Internet it once had. Companies like Google and Microsoft silently ate Yahoo's lunch by innovating and offering faster and easier to use services (aka Search, Mail, Messenger etc.). In the recent times, Yahoo withstood leadership that wasn't capable for reviving Yahoo. In his departing letter, Jerry Yang wrote -

My time at Yahoo!, from its founding to the present, has encompassed some of the most exciting and rewarding experiences of my life. However, the time has come for me to pursue other interests outside of Yahoo! As I leave the company I co-founded nearly 17 years ago, I am enthusiastic about the appointment of Scott Thompson as Chief Executive Officer and his ability, along with the entire Yahoo! leadership team, to guide Yahoo! into an exciting and successful future."
Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here are few tips to access Wikipedia during the 24 hour protest blackout will begin in less than an hour. Since no one can really survive without Wikipedia, here are...
ixigo is your friend when it comes to making the whole process of online air ticketing easy. The latest offering from ixigo for the social networking platforms like facebook and...
IIT Madras has finally banned Facebook access on Campus, not to be a moral police; but the free up the congested network. The faculty has blocked the access since last...
IIT Madras has banned facebook on their college campus saying that the traffic to the site chokes their networks: https://www.crazyengineers.com/commu...-free-up-congested-network.51679/#post-200840 Do you think that banning facebook on college campus is...
The construction of Moscow tower began in 2003 and is expected to complete in 2016 if the project continues to maintain pace. The tower will host two towers over a...