Java HELP needed

๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

Hi ,

I am required and want to learn java in detail , I have use complete reference books etc or web to learn java but I just understand the program given but I am not able to write any if given ,Please suggest method or any sorce where I can make my fundamental strong and will be able to learn java further , Please your help will definately help me to learn and gain knowledge I am eager to get .

Suggestions and usefull resources are wellcome which will help me to learn Java .

Thanks,
King99

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    *Suggestions*

Try to learn books by "Sun Microsystems". They are the BEST books to refer to make fundamentals STRONG and CLEAR-CUT."Complete Reference" will teach only Java for beginners but will not teach for experts. If possible and can understand high level then refer "Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates". This book teaches the must-know things about Java.

While reading any material, just don't read what is written in books/web, try to put your reverse side of brains and keep on asking silly questions to yourself[or CE ๐Ÿ˜‰ ]like "Why it happens and why this doesn't happen"..blah blah !!

Regarding getting practical hands on it, try to write any program yourself without looking at any book help. This will give you confidence in doing programmin in Java. If you know C/C++ and can write programs in those languages then as a second step try to write same programs in Java then you will come to know many interesting questions," why it happens like this in Java but not in C/C++"

If you face any problems post them here. Hoping you may get your queries answered ! ๐Ÿ˜€

[Addendum]
    Let us know which topic you know upto what level, may be we can help you out in increasing knowledge level in that topic. Ask queries related to each topic in separate thread.

Thanks !
  • jabbir
    jabbir
    Roseindia.net is good website to learn java and for java related q& a u required then jabiandroid.blogspot.com is best
  • sookie
    sookie
    jabbir
    Roseindia.net is good website to learn java and for java related q& a u required then jabiandroid.blogspot.com is best
    Best #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    There is one quite interesting book named "Head First Java". Its not a complete reference, but the way it is written, i am sure it will be able to generate interest and explain the concept thoroughly. Give it a try.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Check out the Web Version of the Java Guide by Sun... It is really good for beginners with detailed examples... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • king99
    king99
    Hi , thank you guys , urs suggestions motivated me . I would surely look up what you have suggested another small questions
    1) Is C++ and Java interlinked as one of our members indicated. I do not Know C++ , then will I be able to study java directly?
    2) I want to know is java script different than java , is java script easy to learn?

Thanks,
    king99
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    The relation between Java and C++ is that they both use Objects. If you want to learn Java, then you need to know concepts of Object Orientation, not C++. You can easily learn java without C++. There is no problem in that.
    The only relation between Java and JavaScript is their name. Java Script is normally used in web designing, and yes its less complicated but not used as widely as Java.
    JavaScript is loosely coupled language...

Java is tightly coupled language...
  • sookie
    sookie
    @king99
    I want to know is java script different than java , is java script easy to learn?
    Java script is a scripting language and Java is a programming language. This is the main difference. Both have their own place. You cannot use a programming language at scripting place and a scripting language at programming place. Java Script was used[Yes, now its usage is strongly discouraged. In future, I am sure it is going to get replaced with something better.] to add dynamic contents in web pages. Now choice is yours !
    sookie
    @king99

Java script is a scripting language and Java is a programming language. This is the main difference. Both have their own place. You cannot use a programming language at scripting place and a scripting language at programming place. Java Script was used[Yes, now its usage is strongly discouraged. In future, I am sure it is going to get replaced with something better.] to add dynamic contents in web pages. Now choice is yours !
    @Sookie: Where exactly you say that it is discouraged to be used? Because, the next technology, which is emerging, HTML5, uses a lot of JavaScript and Canvas to render the contents of the page. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vinci
    vinci
    java is a different language from javascript in every aspect.JAVA is used for developing stand alone application while javascript work in support of any language like html,asp.net .post more if still have some puzzles in mind regarding the difference

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Check valves prove their worth in sense-of-smell study. Designfax, Tech for OEM Design Engineers
Remanufacturing products rather than making new ones from scratch โ€“ widely done with everything from retread tires to refilled inkjet cartridges. When is it worth remanufacturing? Designfax, Tech for OEM...
Print your own whatever-it-is! Why I LOVE My 3D Printer. The MakerBot Thing-O-Matic 3D Printer kit you assemble to create the latest in cutting edge personal manufacturing technology. Includes the...
After nearly 1 month i saw this section ....Now is it mandatory for everyone ...to post something here as a introduction???No i suppose
Hello friends, If you did not get proper placement in your colleges and want to get higher studies (preparation of GATE) or get Government jobs (like IES) and Public Sector...