Java Developer Switching To Testing

I passedout in 2010 cse btech. and worked 3 years as java developer but not gained too gud development skillls (i tried very hard to learn coding but not worked for me) .After completing 3 years ,i switched to other company but here i was not able to code .so switched to testing in same project.

pls suggest what can i do furthur ?

Replies

• rana629
    rana629
    I passedout in 2010 cse btech. and worked 3 years as java developer but not gained gud development skillls (i tried very hard to learn coding but all in vain. 😔 .After completing 3 years ,i switched to other company but here i was not able to code .so now I switched to testing in same project.
    So now i decided to continue in testing ,and will learn selenium in one year of time and next year i will switch to some other company in testing domain itself.so how should i hide my 3 years of development effort in first company(while showing experience to third comapny)...pls suggest??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - You already have exposure to development and coding. Now that you are into software QA field, you should try to utilise your coding skills to learn scripting and automation tools. I'd recommend going for certification in testing. I'd also advice you to gain some experience in your current organisation and build a profile that'd be worthy of attracting recruiter's attention.

If you have any other questions, post them below.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I've collected all your posts in this new discussion. Please post your questions here.
  • rana629
    rana629
    next year i am planning to switch to some other company becoz my terms are not gud with my manager now (becoz i switched from development to testing). my first impression fail 😔 . so should i show my development experience to next company as i want to show 3 years experience in testing..
    pls suggest?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you have decided to switch to a new job; you should not lie to your new company. Just show them what you've done and show it as your advantage. Have solid reasons to justify that you'll be a great QA engineer with a background in development. As I said, you should equip your profile with a few basic and advance level certifications in software testing before you make a switch to a new company.

You should make yourself proficient in manual testing as well as automation.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

About me Akasg bais, a 3 yr student of electrical engineering, srcoem, nagpur with a kida of engineering (ie a kida to tear apart all the useless electronic stuffr in...
The Indian Institute Of Technology at Kanpur (IIT-K) unveiled a new supercomputer yesterday. Ranked at [HASHTAG]#130[/HASHTAG] in the list of global top 500 supercomputers, IIT-Kanpur spent about Rs. 48 crore...
Any music enthusiast knows the joy of being able to play music without the messy tangle of wires. The trouble is that when you opt for a wireless Bluetooth enabled...
DGP submitted a new project: PiConsole - Anywhere Console for Raspberry Pi - PiConsole - Easy wireless access to console of your Raspberry Pi from PC, Tablet, Android and iPhone...
If you are someone like the fictitious Sheldon Cooper from the famous sitcom The Big Bang Theory who has trouble in detecting sarcasm in a conversation you are not alone....