I've got promoted as a senior but i am underpaid

I am about to complete 4 years of experience in the software testing. Recently, i have got promoted as a senior tester but i am underpaid. I am getting around 4.6 only. I asked my manager and he gave my excuses of designation & total percentage hike which was of 11% but my current salary was not good. I have worked hard last year and results gave me headache. Please help me out.

I am frustrated and well deserving candidate. I am the only one who got the highest rating in the team but my salary is ridiculous.

What should i do?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Step 1: Get a new job offer from other company.

Step 2: Resign from existing company.

Step 3: If they want to retain you, negotiate like you're the boss. Ask for at least 1-1.5L over your new offer.

Step 4: Settle for 50-60% of it.

Step 5: Decide whether you want to stay or leave.

Repeat.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am new to d3.js. I have two collapsible tree. I want do draw a link from leaf node of one tree to leaf node of another tree. Can anyone...
hey can i get crazyengineers stickers
Looking for a good phone near about 25k,i was in mood of booking one plus two ,which seems best phone to me,but the problem is ,i haven't got a single...
A team of European researchers led by Dr. Thomas Stawsky from University of Leeds and GFZ Potsdam may help scientists determine the plausibility of water being available on the red...
A group of researchers of Indian origin have revealed a compound made of Titanium alloy which can significantly uplift the automobile industry, in terms of fuel economy and CO2 emissions....