"It's not the volts that kill you , it's the amps" True Or False?

"It's not the volts that kill you , it's the amps" plz can anyone explain this?............

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well to be exact High Volts and Less current will lead to lesser power transferred to your body and so you don't die.

But if the Volt and current readings are both high the net power delivered to your body is large enough to kill you

Human body can withstand real high potential But not high current
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I found a nice video that explains the stuff in an easy to understand language. Check -

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    In the operating theatre where electrodes may be directly on the heart even a few microamps can cause problems. Also multiple instruments are connected to a patient. If each has a slightly different ground potential there is a ground loop problem. A patient referred ground is used in critical applications. The diffeerence in ground potential between vaious equipments have to be in millivolts.

For electrocution 100 to 200 mAmp is the danger band. Unfortunately skinresistance is very variable. Even 40V DC can be fatal under certain conditions.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, As we know in matlab we can make gui program.(like vb6 etc..) I want help in declaring global variables that can be shared in whole program. Like if an...
😳hey world of knowledge. pelase xplain about the above asked question?? i am an elctronics guy want to know more deep about such ???,,,is firewall also sometimes called as router>>>
I am suffering from my mojor project . my project name is online holiday managemnt syatem .can u send me the link for this project documentation.
The concept of total cost of ownership is gaining ground in the design of power supplies. Quote: The most difficult design considerations involve applications where there is no AC power,...
All engineers of all persuasions use switches. Usually these lowly devices are the ones that fail in a major equipment leading to costly down time and frayed tempers. This article...